Our Westminster Foundation Courses are being developed as a range of study options that will give you the opportunity to:
- prepare you for rewarding, skilled employment
- enable you to develop the key skills to progress your career or current role
- progress onto a full honours degree at the University of Westminster
Drawing upon the excellence and innovation across the University, Westminster Foundation Courses will be practice-based, with opportunities to enable students to realise their true academic and professional potential.
How will taking a foundation year improve my career prospects?
Foundation graduates and their employers have identified these benefits:
- Opening up new horizons and study choices
- Greater confidence in the workplace
- New abilities to tackle problems and take on projects
- Ability to identify and analyse issues relating to their organisation or business
- Demonstrable ability to add value to their employer's business
- Platform to achieve promotion
- Opening up job opportunities
There will be an expanded range of courses offering a foundation year in Arts and Design, Business Management, Social Sciences, Humanities, Law and Psychology.
Why should I consider a Westminster Foundation Course?
All courses on offer will combine academic learning with professional and vocational learning. We aim to encourage a broad range of students to undertake these studies especially those students who:
- Feel that that they are not yet ready for degree-level study
- Do not have the right qualifications for immediate entry to their chosen degree
- Wish to change their discipline and/or subject specialism
- Are returning to study after periods of absence from education
What are the unique features of Westminster Foundation Courses?
We are designing Westminster Foundation Courses with the student experience at the centre to be unique in providing foundation year students with:
- Academic skills development to encourage a holistic approach to transitions within Higher Education
- Career coaching to nurture academic, professional and personal success
- Building confidence through encouraging and rewarding autonomous learning
- Tailored feedback for key milestones in student learning
- Enrichment activities to take learning further
- Industry engagement through London’s cultural, entrepreneurial and research sectors
- Personalised study plans embedded in University level core modules
- An immersive student experience through the establishment of Westminster Foundation Courses where learners are encouraged to be creative, critical and entrepreneurial
What subjects can I study?
There will be an expanded range of courses offering a foundation year in Arts and Design, Business Management, Social Sciences, Humanities, Law and Psychology. Successful completion of your foundation year will enable you to then continue on the course at honours level.