When you’ve submitted your application through UCAS, we'll send you an email confirming that we've received it.

Tracking your application

You can track the status of your application through UCAS Track.

You should also check your email regularly, as we'll email you if we've sent you an offer, have invited you to attend an interview, or if we need more information from you to make a decision.

We'll also send you instructions for accessing our Applicant Portal, where you can check the emails we've sent you and upload any missing documents if we request them.

When you'll receive an offer

When you'll receive an offer depends on a number of factors, please refer to UCAS for details of all deadlines.

If we make you an offer

Conditional offers

Most of our offers are conditional, which means you'll need to meet our requirements before we can confirm your place.

This normally means achieving certain exam results or providing us with evidence of your qualifications, but we'll let you know exactly what you need to do in your offer.

If you have a conditional offer, you'll need to send us evidence that you've met the conditions of your offer by 30 August, unless otherwise agreed with us.

Unconditional offers

An unconditional offer means that you've already met the entry requirements for your course, and you've got a confirmed place at the University of Westminster.

If you've received an unconditional offer, it'll be because you've already achieved the grades required or you're eligible under the University’s unconditional offer scheme.

Providing evidence of your qualifications

If we need proof of the qualifications listed in your application, we'll email you instructions on how to send copies to us. You can do this either via the Applicant Portal or by emailing your admissions officer (you'll find out who this is when we send you an offer).

Acceptable evidence of qualifications includes:

  • the qualification certificate
  • the results statement, including the mark awarded
  • a transcript of results

Making an offer your firm or insurance choice

When you've received all your offers, you can decide whether you'd like to make our offer your 'firm' or 'insurance' choice. Your 'firm' choice is the course you most want to do, and your 'insurance' choice should be one with lower entry requirements, in case you don't achieve the results you need for your firm choice.

You make an offer your firm or insurance choice in UCAS Track. You can find a guide on how to do this on UCAS.

If you accept us as your firm choice, you can then apply for student accommodation.

If we don't make you an offer

If we don't make you an offer, you may still be able to apply through Clearing - the system which helps applicants without places find university courses that still have places available.

When you get your results

If you get the grades you needed

If you took certain qualifications such as A-Levels, the International Baccalaureate, BTECs, or those listed here on UCAS, your results will be sent to UCAS and to us automatically. Your place will then be confirmed by us on UCAS Track.

If you took international qualifications, or any not listed on UCAS, you will need to send us evidence of your results. We'll email you instructions on how to do this.

If for any reason we haven't received your grades, we will email you to let you know. Please make sure any outstanding grades are sent over to us as soon as possible so that we can make a decision on your application.

If you don't get the grades you needed

If your results are below our offer, we may still reconsider your application. You should check UCAS Track to see our decision.

If we haven't received your qualifications, we will email you to let you know. Even if they're below the offer we gave you, please make sure you've sent them to us as we may still consider your application.

If we don't offer you a place at this stage, you may want to apply to us through Clearing.

What happens if the University of Westminster was my insurance choice

If you meet the conditions of your firm choice offer, your place will be confirmed at that university. If you don't meet the conditions of the offer for your firm choice university, you'll become a "conditional firm" with Westminster and we'll check whether you have met the conditions of our offer. If you have, we'll confirm your place with us.

If your results are also below our offer, we may still consider you - make sure all your qualifications have been received by us so that we can make a decision.

If you want to defer your place

You'll need to contact our admissions team via email to request a deferral.

Please note that if your offer is deferred to the following year, you'll still need to meet the entry requirements and conditions in the cycle you have applied in.

If you don't have a place confirmed

If you don't have a confirmed place at a university when you get your exam results, you may want to apply for a place through Clearing.

Find out more about Clearing and Adjustment.

If you want to transfer to another course

If there are spaces available and you've met the entry requirements, you may be able to transfer to another course. Contact our admissions team as soon as possible if this is something you're interested in doing.

Please note, if you're an international student with a Tier 4 Visa changing your course could impact your immigration status. For more advice, please contact our student advice team.

International student deposits and CAS

All overseas applicants must pay a minimum deposit before their CAS can be issued (which is necessary for the Tier 4 Visa). The quickest way to pay your deposit is by credit or debit card or via our Global Pay platform (Western Union) through our Applicant Portal.

If you are unable to pay by credit or debit card, then you can pay in a number of alternative ways - have a look at our paying your fees page.

Can I get a refund if I've paid my deposit?

We cannot refund a deposit if you no longer wish to take up your place. The deposit will only be refunded if one of the following applies:

  • The visa application is refused
  • The course is cancelled and a satisfactory alternative cannot be found
  • You're not eligible for the course because you've not achieved the required grades
  • You decide to withdraw from your course within 14 calendar days of enrolment

Requesting a CAS

When the University receives your deposit, we will send you an email asking you to submit additional information for your CAS. The full details of this can be found on our CAS webpages.

You can request a CAS up to 3 months prior to the start of your course.