How to apply
Have all your exam results ready
Have your UCAS ID
Have a list of your preferred courses
Phone line opening hours
Already holding an offer from us?
Find out what to do if you're holding an offer from us.
I have a Clearing offer. What next?
When you have spoken to us and we've made you an offer, you need to log on to your UCAS Track and refer yourself to the University of Westminster. You can do this from 3pm on Thursday 15 August. See the below FAQs for more details.
Received better results than expected?
Find out about applying through Adjustment in our FAQs below.
Download our Clearing toolkit
Get your essential guide for understanding and managing the Clearing process.
40 Clearing scholarships available
To celebrate academic excellence amongst our students, we are offering up to 40 Clearing scholarships worth £4500 each to eligible Clearing applicants.
Clearing is part of the UCAS application process. It helps students who have not yet secured a university place to find and apply for a course.
- Start by researching the right course for you. Search the courses available through Clearing at the University of Westminster.
- If you're waiting for your results on 15 August 2019, call us as soon as you have them. Make sure you have all your information on your qualifications ready (subject and grades), including your GCSE results. It's also helpful to have your UCAS number and a pen and paper to hand to take any notes.
- If you meet our entry requirements and we can offer you a place, we'll let you know during our phone conversation. You'll receive formal confirmation via email with a deadline for confirming your acceptance of your place.
Clearing is now open until September 2019.
Yes, applicants should have all their results including any GCSE re-takes.
If you call us on results day and we offer you a place, you then need to log on to UCAS Track. You will be able to do this from 3pm on Thursday 15 August.
- In UCAS Track, you'll need to click ‘Add Clearing choice’ and fill in the course details before the deadline you were given in your offer email. This confirms that you're accepting the offer from us.
- When we’ve verified your results, we’ll formally confirm your place via email. You’ll also receive official confirmation from UCAS and see details of your place on UCAS Track from 3pm on Thursday 15 August.
We may need to contact you to ask you to send in your results or your portfolio so it can be assessed. When you’ve received your confirmation you're ready to enrol with us. Details about when and where to enrol and starting your course will follow via email.
We hope that you will join us at Westminster. However, if you're holding a confirmed place with us and you now wish to be released from Westminster to accept a place at another university, you must request an official release. You can do this in one of two ways, as follows:
1. Via UCAS
You'll need to sign in to UCAS Track and click the "Decline my place" button. You'll then be taken to a page with three options in a drop-down list. Depending on which option you select, you'll be presented with different advice and guidance on your next steps. The options are:
- I want to go to my insurance choice.
- I no longer wish to go to university this year.
- I want to apply somewhere else in Clearing.
If you choose 'I want to apply somewhere else in Clearing', you'll be given a warning to ensure you wish to proceed.
When you confirm that you wish to be released into Clearing, UCAS will send you an email to let you know this has been actioned.
2. Via email
- You must email us at [email protected]
- Use "Release" as the email's subject line.
- State your Westminster or UCAS ID, full name and course title.
- Within your email, please indicate your reason for requesting a release from the list below:
- R1 financial hardship
- R2 personal (for example, death of a relative or other strong personal reason)
- R3 significant changes to the course at the UF provider* (for example, discontinued or changed in content)
- R4 sponsorship or scholarship award
- R5 other
- R6 change of level of qualification
- R7 change of subject area to be studied
- R8 wish to defer
- R9 transfer to another provider.
* your Unconditional Firm university
We will process your request as soon as possible but please be aware that on results day, this can take up to 48 hours.
If you’ve not yet applied to university, you can complete a UCAS application until 20 September.
If you’ve done better in your exams than expected, Adjustment gives you the chance to secure a place on a different course or at a different university, even if you’ve had your firm conditional choice accepted. To be eligible for Adjustment you need to have met and exceeded the conditions of your firm choice offer. You can enter Adjustment by logging in to UCAS Track and clicking ‘Register for Adjustment’.
When you contact our Clearing hotline, tell us you’re applying through Adjustment and we’ll check if we have availability on the course(s) you’re interested in. If we can accept you on a course, we’ll send you an email with an official offer and instructions on how to add us in Adjustment. Your Unconditional Firm choice will be safe while you’re looking for courses in Adjustment, so if you don’t find anything then your original place on a course will be secure.