Programme specifications include information on:
- course outcomes
- learning, teaching and assessment methods
- employability and transferable skills
- overall course structure.
If you are applying to the University of Westminster, programme specifications provide an indication of your course structure. If you are a current student or alumnus, they can be useful in providing a summary of your course when making applications for jobs or further study.
You can find full information about your course in your Course Handbook.
Programme specifications for courses that started in 2019/20 and later
Programme specifications are organised by school:
- School of Applied Management
- School of Architecture and Cities
- School of Computer Science and Engineering
- School of Finance and Accounting
- School of Humanities
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Management and Marketing
- School of Organisations, Economy and Society
- School of Social Sciences
- Westminster Law School
- Westminster School of Arts
- Westminster School of Media and Communications
You can also find programme specifications on our course pages.
Programme specifications for courses that started in 2018/19 and before
- Architecture and the Built Environment
- Science and Technology
- Social Sciences and Humanities (including Westminster School of Law)
- Westminster Business School
- Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design
What is a programme specification?
Programme specifications are developed and updated as part of the formal course approval processes known as Validation or Review and are then regularly updated by the course team and approved by Quality and Standards.
Admissions requirements, course content and delivery can be subject to change. This can be in response to student feedback through questionnaires or course committees, annual reports from external examiners, feedback from the sector or industry advisers or as part of the regular review process by course teams. You will be advised of any significant changes to your course by the course team.
Programme specifications can also be used by Professional and Statutory Bodies, employers and industry as a useful guide to content and outcomes of a course.
If you have any queries about a programme specification, please contact your registry (for current students and alumni).
If you are a new or prospective student, call us on +44 (0)20 7915 5511 or email [email protected].