This accessibility statement applies to the Undergraduate Great Start Scholarship 2021/22 website (https://creatorapp.zohopublic.eu/chamellie.pascal_westminster/portal/form-perma/Application_Form/dj1Rdk5dT6VsXN9HdvkpZhDWTqHj41svR40NGXsV4pFKq3wy3rRJuCbPTu6RETfjPgNZna6ZMh96fMqMC4XhYM90rHU9QMBQMDsM). The Scholarships Team is responsible for the digital accessibility of this website.
Using the website
This website is run by the University of Westminster. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website, which means that you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
- navigate the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (most well-known screen readers)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
For more advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability, visit the AbilityNet website.
Accessibility of the website
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible and have listed the issues according to level of impact, from high to low:
Higher priority issues
- Web browser title is too long. The full name of application form is not possible in the web browser
- The highlighted table area has data. However, on the application form this is not displayed as a table
- Users cannot get from statement of support to the academic qualification section by using just the tab function
- Some functional images do not have appropriate alternative text. As a result, assistive technology users might not understand the image content and purpose
- Users cannot get from statement of support to academic qualifications with a keyboard only
- Focus is in a logical order, but it stops at the “statement of support”
- There are form field issues. We are unable to name each form field
- There are several form errors associated with field tabs
- Not all images have an appropriate alt attribute
- Text spacing could not be tested
Unfortunately, we are unable to correct the digital accessibility issues so please contact [email protected] if you would like to receive a digitally accessible PDF version of the application by email.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format such as accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please visit our digital accessibility contact us page for information on how to request this.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We have tested a sample of pages on the website. If you find an issue we have not yet identified, you can report it to us. We’ll pass this information to the website owner who will review the issue, make sure it is included in our plan to fix issues and add it into the accessibility statement when it is next updated.
Please visit our digital accessibility contact us page for information on how to report an accessibility problem.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Ways to contact us
You can contact us by email or phone. If you prefer to visit us in person, get in touch and we’ll advise on which teams are available to meet with you.
Information on how to contact us is available on our digital accessibility contact us webpage.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The University of Westminster is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is not compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 – AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed above.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 22 March 2021. It was last reviewed on 22 March 2021.
This website was last tested on 8 March 2021. The test was carried out by members of University of Westminster staff.
We took expert advice from AbilityNet to identify a sample of pages to test. AbilityNet selected a sample of webpages based on the potential challenges that inaccessible content would have on the core user-journey of the site.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
The University contracts with an external supplier Zoho.com to provide this website. Therefore, some of these issues are not within our control to address. We will raise these issues with the supplier and work with them to find solutions, where possible.