The University of Westminster has a distinguished teaching history as the UK’s first polytechnic institution, established in 1838 to educate the people of London. Nowadays our students learn in a vibrant, internationalised university. University of Westminster students come from across the world as well as every part of the UK, including London. Our community may have changed over time, but our teaching remains practical, relevant and contemporary.
Our mission is to support every student, from all backgrounds, to fulfil their potential. We support our students to achieve and grow in confidence through:
- teaching which is practical, active and inquiry focused
- courses that are developed with input from employers
- a curriculum which is enriched by research
- giving all students the chance to be mentored by our successful alumni
- embedding work based and placement learning into all our courses
- investing in professional development for teaching colleagues
- combining active on campus learning with quality learning online
Find out about the achievements of our students - read our latest Student success news stories.