When you've completed your enrolment and have been given your University ID card, here's what to do next.

Bookmark the Student Hub

The Student Hub is your central access point to all the services, support, resources and opportunities available to you during you studies here.

Keep an eye on the hub for all the latest alerts, news and events.

Get to know our key student services

Our Student Support Desk is based at 101 New Cavendish Street (1st Floor) and is home to many of our key student support services, details of which can be found among our Support and services pages.

The Support Desk is the place to go for information and advice on any of the following subjects:

  • academic learning development and study skills
  • accommodation
  • care leavers and estranged student support
  • careers and employability
  • counselling
  • disability learning support
  • financial support, including Welfare Benefits
  • international student support
  • mentoring
  • pastoral care and chaplaincy support
  • scholarships
  • secular and interfaith advice
  • health and wellbeing
  • visa advice

We are open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm at 101 New Cavendish Street. 

You can book appointments online for some services using Engage – just log in to Engage to book.

For a summary of what the teams do, you can download the following booklet:

Find your timetable 

Guidance on how to access your class (and exam) timetable can be found on our Timetables page

Access our WiFi network

Make sure you've got access to our on-campus WiFi, details of which can be found on our Access our WiFi network page

Visit the library

Check where our libraries are located, how to find resources, how to book study rooms and more on our Library and study spaces pages

Also have a look at our Library Guides website for tips on where to find the best resources for your course.

Visit the Students' Union website

As soon as you've enrolled, you'll be a member of the University of Westminster Students' Union (UWSU). The Union organises a variety of events and activities throughout the year and you'll also find a mixture of UWSU clubs and societies to join.

Visit UWSU's website for full details of who they are and what they do.

Blackboard (your virtual learning environment)

Blackboard is where you'll find learning and teaching materials and undertake learning activities online that will be linked to your face-to-face classes.

In Blackboard, you'll have access to a site (online classroom) for each taught module that you're taking. You'll also find your Course Handbook in Blackboard.

Sign in to Blackboard now.

Your registry office

Your registry office handles all administrative matters relating to your course and can offer support and advice relating to all our policies, procedures and regulations.

More details, including contact details, can be found on our Registry offices page.

Check who your personal tutor is

If you're struggling with your studies or need help or advice during your time here, your personal tutor can help.

Find out more about Personal tutoring.

Register with Disability Learning Support

If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty and haven't yet been in touch with us, register with or contact our Disability Learning Support team.

A disability may be any medical condition that has a long-term impact on your ability to study. This could include dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADD/ADHD, Asperger's, long-term chronic medical conditions or long-term mental health problems.

Collect your Council Tax Exemption Certificate

If you're a full-time student and live in University halls of residence or in accommodation where everyone is a student, you won't be liable for council tax.

Ask your registry office for a Council Tax Exemption Certificate and forward it to your local council. Research students should contact the Graduate School Registry for a certificate.

If you're unsure whether you qualify for the exemption, visit our Who pays Council Tax page for more details.

Apply for your Student Oyster photocard

If you're a full-time student, make sure you apply for the 18+ Student Oyster photocard to get a 30 per cent discount on Transport for London services.

Note: When filling in your application, do not include the last number on your student card (only include 8 of the 9 numbers on your student card).

For more information visit the Managing your money page.

Register with a doctor

If you are eligible for National Health Service (NHS) healthcare, it is important to register with a local doctor. Find out more about Registering with a doctor and the best GP practices close to the campuses.

Find out about our guidelines and regulations

You can find out about our regulations, guidelines and procedures, as well as governance and structure, on our guides and policies pages.