Personal tutoring is a crucial aspect of how the University supports you, helping you fulfil your academic and personal potential.
How can personal tutors help me?
You can speak to your personal tutor about:
- planning which modules to take
- choosing option modules
- gaining further study skills
- any matters affecting your studies
Your tutor can also direct you to other University support services or put you in touch with a senior tutor, disability learning support, or the University’s counselling service for specialist advice, if appropriate.
Who is my personal tutor?
If you're a student on a course lasting more than a year, you'll be allocated a personal tutor.
To check who your tutor is, you’ll just need to:
- log in to My Student Record
- click on the ‘My Profile’ tab
- in the ‘My details’ box, click on ‘View My Profile’
- your personal tutor’s name will be at the bottom right, where it says ‘Tutor’ – below ‘Mode’ and ‘Current Status’
If you don’t know the contact details of your personal tutor, you can check our A-Z staff directory.
If your tutor’s name is not displayed, check with your course leader.
For more details on personal tutoring, have a look at our policy and guidance: