Some examples of jobs that former University of Westminster MBA students went on to do after graduation:
- Retail Manager, Harrods
- Relationship Manager, International Stock Brokerage
- Business Analyst, USB Investment Bank
- Freelance Consultant
- Operation Management, EC
- Business Developer, First Title
- Commercial Director, EMAP Ltd
- Facilities Manager, Westbury House
- Project Report Manager, Ministry of Justice
- Vet Surgeon, Pet Pavilion
- Haematology General Manager, NHS
- Corporate Project Manager, Local Government
- Route Manager, Transport for London
Business Start-up & Enterprise
- Business Link Everything you need to know about starting your own business.
- British Chamber of Commerce The Ultimate Business Network
- Be Professional Services to support business start-up
- Women Into the Network Effective business support for women
- Her Business Support for women in business
- British Library Business & IP Centre
- Go Between New resource that matches entrepreneurs to investors
- Enterprise Catalyst How enterprising are you? Five-minute FREE assessment
- Linkedin Professional networking – meet other students and MBA Alumni
- Xing Online business networking
- Women Unlimited Networking for women entrepreneurs
- The Asian Business Network
- Black Environment Network“Working across diverse sectors for ethnic environmental participation”
Online vacancy sources
- Inside Careers - graduate vacancies in the following sectors: Actuaries, Banking & Investments, Chartered Accountants, Engineering, Information Technology, Logistics Management, Management Consultancy, Patent Attorneys and Tax Advisers Profession.
- Jobs Word – links to recruitment agencies for executives and managers.
- MBA Careers – information on career related resources.
- MBA Direct – register users create an individual profile to search for vacancies.
- MBA Exchange – described as the 'reference careers site for MBA professionals'.
- MBA Match - free jobs board that requires registration, salary and career related data.
- TopConsultant –jobs site for global consulting opportunities.
- QS Global Workplace– the MBA jobs and careers platform.
- Executive Grapevine– specialists in providing data on HR Directors and Managers.
- Second Post – the website for graduates with experience in the workplace looking towards the next step on their career path.
MBA Recruitment Schemes
- GE– MBA Leadership Programme
- British Telecom - MBA Leadership Programme
- Financial Services Authority– MBA Internships
- AB InBev–Global Brewer with an MBA Executive Development Programme
- Rolls-Royce– MBA Opportunities
- AstraZeneca– MBA Graduate Programme
- ZS Associates– Global Management Consulting – Summer Associate
- Deutsche Bank– MBA Internship and Training Programmes
- Citi – Management Programmes for MBAs
Some organisations will discuss business cases as part of the interview process, particularly in the Consulting sector. Here are some examples to help you prepare:
- AT Kearney
- BCG - Boston Consulting Group
- Bain & Company
- Booz & Co
- Inside Buzz - The Case Interview
- Success Stories from Case Interviews
- Association of MBAs
BusinessBecause.com - MBA job opportunties and stories from leading Business Schools
- Career Leader - career planning website that charges US $95 for 60 days.
- Institute of Business Consultancy
- Management Consultancy Association - information specific to management consultancy roles.
- MBA Jobs.net - a specialist forum for MBA students and graduates seeking employment.
- QS TopMBA - the leading review of MBA programs and MBA Careers worldwide.
- idEXEC – search tool for gaining industry knowledge to identify key executives in organisations. Useful also for preparing for interview.
- WetFeet - provides insightful profiles of companies, careers, and industries to guides job seekers toward finding the right career, the right industry, the right company, and the right job for them.
- Windmills - offers a portfolio of groundbreaking career and life management programmes and resources.
- Beament Leslie Thomas - agents for management consultancy
- Frazer Jones - recruits HR professionals from administrator to senior HR manager level.
- PER - Private Equity and Venture Capital Recruitment
- Michael Page - International Professional Services Recruitment
- Mindbench - a recruitment site for management consultancy with a section for MBA recruitment