Many employers actively use social media to publicise opportunities and also engage with or find out more about potential employees, so make the most of your online presence:
- Use social media to actively present yourself to potential employers and collaborators
- Think about the skills, experience and achievements you want to emphasize, including links to relevant multi-media portfolios, films etc.
- Follow organisations of interest to you to find out the latest news, events and opportunities
- Build and communicate with a network of professionals, e.g. from events you attend, people you meet
- Engage with relevant online sector communities
- Be wary of online job scams
- Make sure you follow the University’s social media guidelines