Westminster Plus Electives are credit-bearing modules that will provide you with the opportunity to expand your professional skills and career development.
Employers are looking for graduates who are highly literate, able to think critically about the world, and can respond creatively to future challenges. These Westminster Plus Electives will be the key in helping you to realise your graduate potential, offering you more choice in what you study and enhancing your future as a Westminster graduate.
Choosing a Westminster Plus Elective will give you the opportunity to undertake work-based learning, develop projects and experience different areas of study within the University.
Who can study an elective?
Some courses already include cross-disciplinary modules and are structured to offer opportunities to expand professional skills – particularly those where course content is closely aligned to existing professional accreditation. If you are on one of these courses, you won’t be able to choose a Westminster Plus Elective.
In addition, some electives are available only to students from certain colleges. Where this is the case, it will be stated on the web page for that module.
Please note: elective modules are subject to availability.
5 reasons to choose a Westminster Plus Elective
- Build your leadership skills
- Get the chance to innovate and think ‘outside the box’
- Show future employers that you can think strategically to solve problems
- Test your abilities to expand your professional networks
- Build relationships and develop communication skills for both personal and professional success
The majority of full-time undergraduate students will need to complete their module registration online for the next academic year. Find full information on the Module Registration page.
Please note: your core modules are automatically registered and depending on your programme specification you will need to register options, electives and/or free choice modules.
- Academic English
- Applying the tools of positive psychology for personal and professional development
- Designing Narrative Experiences
- LGBTQ Studies
- Polylang – language electives
- Pop Goes the Now: Deconstructing Popular Culture
Please note: all Westminster Plus Elective modules are subject to availability.