Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) applies to all data that explains the way in which the University and its operations interact with the wider environment. The environment is the air, water, soil, flora and fauna, land and landscape around us. Environmental information will also cover our impact on the conditions of human life and on the built environment which we inhabit.
What information does this apply to?
The Regulations apply to all recorded information in "written, visual, aural, electronic or any other material form".
Environmental information includes any information in any form on:
- The state of the elements of the environment, such as air and atmosphere, water, soil, natural sites, biological diversity and its components, including genetically modified components, including genetically modified organisms.
- Factors likely to affect the environment such as energy, noise, radiation or waste, including radioactive waste, emissions and discharges.
- Procedures such as policies, legislation, plans, programmes, environmental agreements and activities affecting or likely to affect the environment including preventive and protective measures.
- Reports on the implementation of environmental legislation.
- Cost benefit and other economic analyses and assumptions used within the framework of environmental measures and activities.
- The state of human health and safety, including contamination of the food chain, conditions of human life. Cultural sites and built structures as they may be affected by environmental factors.
Making an EIR request
To make an EIR Request please email it to the address below:
Information Compliance Team
University of Westminster
309 Regent Street
London W1B 2HW
T: +44 (0)20 7911 5000 ext 65158 or 66288
E: [email protected]