Alumni Access Card and Westminster Connect

How can I join Westminster Connect?

Joining Westminster Connect is free. To join please register on Westminster Connect. To complete your new user registration for you will need your course title, graduation year and alumni ID number.

How do I apply for an alumni access card?

When you sign up for Westminster Connect, simply register and follow the instructions to apply for the card. Please be aware that all alumni cards must be picked up in person at one of our London campuses.

I’m trying to apply for my alumni card but I don’t remember my alumni ID

Your alumni ID is your old student ID number and we also include it in emails we send to you so do check there first. If you can’t remember or can’t find your alumni ID number simply send an email to with your full name, course title and graduation year asking us to supply the number and we will happily send it to you.

I don’t live in the UK, can you post me an alumni access card or can my friend collect it for me?

Unfortunately we are unable to post alumni access cards. If you have already applied we recommend keeping the confirmation email and bringing it to the University the next time you wish to visit to collect your card. We do not allow alumni to ask friends to pick up their alumni cards for security reasons.

I have lost my alumni access card, how do I get a replacement?

You are entitled to a free replacement if your alumni access card is lost or damaged. You do not need to reapply. Simply request a replacement card by visiting our Cavendish, Marylebone or Harrow receptions with some form of identification and one of our receptionists will be able to print one for you.

I have applied for an alumni access card but haven't received an approval

Please allow up 5–10 working days after you have registered. If you have still not received a response please contact .

My alumni access card is not working

Please contact the Alumni Office at quoting your full name as appearing on your card, your Alumni ID and the names of the campuses where it isn’t working.

I have registered for a Westminster Connect account but haven't received a response yet

Please allow up to five working days after you have registered. If you have still not received a response please contact .

Updating your contact details

I have changed my address/email/mobile number and I would like to update my new details

Please email your new contact details to .

Access to resources

Am I entitled to access electronic resources at the University libraries?

Alumni can continue to access a wide range of academic journals and resources through JSTOR. Just log in to your Westminster Connect account and follow the link to access JSTOR on the right hand side toolbar under the 'Support our Students' box.

Can I access my records on Blackboard/SRS Web?

Please contact the Student Lifecycle Team for details of your records.

Am I able to access University computers and other IT facilities?

Unfortunately, due to IT restrictions, alumni do not have access to any of the University’s IT facilities. 

Events and reunions

How can I get in touch with my former classmates?

We are keen to help former students get in touch with old friends. However, due to data protection laws we cannot give out contact details. If you wish to get in touch with someone, please contact us at with the details of the person(s), including their full name, the course they studied and the year they graduated. If we have records for these individuals we will then send them a message on your behalf.

I am an organising a reunion, can you help me get in contact with people from my year?

We are delighted to assist alumni with organising reunions. Please contact us at with details of your event and the people you wish to contact – for example, “all those who graduated from the LLB in Law in 2005”. We can then send out a group email on your behalf and publicise your event on our social media networks. Please not that we are happy to support with the publicity of reunions but we cannot organise or fund the event for you.

Graduation, certificate and confirmation of studies

I've recently graduated but I still haven't received my degree certificate and transcript

Degree certificates and transcripts are posted within four weeks of graduation. Documents sent to UK home addresses can take up to two weeks to be received whereas documents sent to addresses abroad can take 6-8 weeks to be received. Please note that documents are posted either by Royal Mail 2nd class or Airmail and are not sent tracked.

If you have completed your award within the last 12 months you do not need to pay for replacement documents and you should email the Student Lifecycle Team. Please include the following information in your email:

  • Your full name at the time of study
  • Date of birth
  • Student ID number (if known)
  • Award title or subject area
  • Address at the time of study
  • Address for document dispatch

If you have completed your award outside of the last 12 months you will need to purchase a replacement via our online store.  Please see below.

I need a replacement copy of my degree certificate or transcript

A degree certificate is the official award document, confirming your degree. A transcript is a list of your modules and marks.

Replacements for original certificates can only be granted where the original has been irretrievably lost. Those applying for replacement certificates are reminded that this application constitutes a declaration that the original certificate has been lost. Fees £40.

If your degree certificate has been stolen, damaged by fire or flood please contact the Student Lifecycle Team with evidence of this incident.

I need to submit documents to the World Education Service (WES) for review

If you are submitting documents to be reviewed by the World Education Service (WES), please email the Student Lifecycle Team with your:

  • Original transcript (front and back pages)
  • Original certificate
  • 7-digit WES reference number

My employer is seeking to verify my qualification

Verifications confirm the award title and classification and the years studied to a third party (i.e. a potential employer).

Due to the UK Data Protection Act 2018 we cannot provide personal data to a third party without a signed consent form.

Please note that the Student Lifecycle Team are centrally based and do not have personal knowledge of students. As such, they are not able to provide a personal reference. If you require a personal reference, please contact an academic who has taught you directly.

I’m an employer/organisation seeking to verify the qualification of an alumnus

Please contact the Student Lifecycle Team to verify academic achievements.

Due to the UK Data Protection Act 2018 we cannot provide personal data to a third party without a signed consent form. The consent form must explicitly state the name of the third party verifying/receiving the persons education background/documents. The form must be signed by the applicant in question and should be dated within the last 6 months from receipt of the request. We do not provide consent forms, as this should be provided by the third-party.

Please note that the Student Lifecycle Team are centrally based and do not have personal knowledge of students. As such, they are not able to provide a personal reference. Please advise your candidate to contact an academic who would have taught them directly to obtain a personal reference.


Am I eligible to use the University’s Careers Services?

All University of Westminster graduates can access the services of the Careers and Employability Service up to 3 years after graduation free of charge including one-to-one sessions with one of our career advisors.


I am an alumnus and I require confirmation of my studies for a visa application

Please contact the Student Lifecycle Team.

Staying in touch

How do I stay in touch with University news and upcoming events?

The first thing to do is to ensure you’re registered with Westminster Connect and ensure your email address and location is up to date. You will then receive emails about events and news that we think is relevant to you. Alumni are encouraged to join our social media groups on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter where University news and upcoming events are posted.

Merchandise, graduation photos and graduation videos

I would like to buy some University merchandise/I would like to get a copy of my graduation photo or video

Our merchandise, graduation photographs and video are all provided by external companies. To contact them please check out the graduation webpages.