Westminster Alumni Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding achievements of graduates from the University of Westminster, as well as from our predecessors including the Polytechnic of Central London and Regent Street Polytechnic.
The awards highlight the variety of ways our graduates make a real impact across the globe.
Alumni can apply to one of six categories. Alumni can also be nominated for an award by students, staff, other alumni, or members of the public.
- Contribution to the Creative Industries Award
This award recognises a graduate who has excelled within the realm of arts and culture
- Entrepreneurial Award
This award recognises a graduate who has displayed an entrepreneurial spirit in their endeavours
- Lifetime Achievement Award
This award recognises a graduate for their ongoing and significant contribution over a number of years
- Outstanding Achievement Award
This award recognises a graduate who has had a notable personal or professional success
- Recent Graduate Award
This award recognises a recent graduate who has achieved something extraordinary within just three years of leaving Westminster (ie eligible to graduate since January 2016)
- Social Impact Award
This award recognises a graduate who has made a positive contribution to the lives of others
We are no longer accepting applications for the Westminster Alumni Awards 2019. Applications for the Westminster Alumni Awards 2020 are likely to open in early 2020.
Shortlisting and public vote
Shortlisting panels consider all eligible applications, and select three finalists in each category. The winner of each category is decided by a public vote.
Announcement of the winners
Award winners will be informed shortly after the public vote closes, and the winners will be announced soon after. Each award winner will receive a certificate and trophy. Award winners will be invited to a celebratory event in the autumn to be presented with their awards.
Eligibility for the Alumni Awards
- Alumni must have been fully enrolled on a programme of study at the University of Westminster or one of its predecessor institutions, and/or received a qualification of their studies, to be eligible for nomination
- Alumni who have previously won an award in any category will not be eligible in subsequent years in any category
- Finalists who did not win an award will be eligible in subsequent years
- All award winners may still be nominated by University staff for the University's Honorary Awards
- No posthumous awards will be made
- The Alumni Relations Office reserves the right to make a final decision on any individual’s eligibility for the awards
Alumni ineligible for nomination
- Politicians who hold an elective office
- Current employees of the University
- Current or former members and coopted members of the Board of Governors or its committees
- Honorary graduates of the University