If you have any questions about your fee status, which are not answered below, or are having financial difficulties and need guidance, get in touch with our student advisers.

If you have any additional queries about paying your fees, contact your local finance office.

Fee status

When you have a course offer, the Admissions Office will assess your fee status. To do this, they may ask you to complete a fee assessment form, which is usually sent to you with the course offer letter.

If you're unsure whether your fee status has been assessed correctly, get in touch with student advice.

Your fee status is assessed before the start of the course and normally remains the same for the duration of the course. However, in certain circumstances, fee status can change part-way through a course.

For example, if you are granted refugee status in the UK during your course, your fee status may change from international to home status.

If you qualify for a change in fee status part-way through your course, you will not normally be charged home fees until the beginning of the next academic year.

You will always pay the tuition fee which relates to your year of entry, not your year of application. If you have chosen to defer your place until the next academic year, your tuition fees will be in line with that entry point.

Detailed information about the qualifying rules for Home fee status can be found on the UKCISA website.

If you would like to discuss your fee status or you have been paying international fees and believe you may now qualify for Home fees, contact student advice.

Fee payments

The easiest way is to pay online.

Visit our Paying your fees page for full details on payment methods.

To find out how much you owe, log in to SRSWeb.

We encourage you to manage your finances online. We will also send an invoice and statement to your University email address.

Only certain students with a personal fee liability of over £2,000 will be able to pay by instalments.

Visit our Paying your fees page for full details.

You can pay tuition fees for the year in full by the last day of enrolment, or for those students who qualify for instalments, please refer to our paying your fees page.

Fee payment receipts

In the first instance, you should send an email to [email protected], with 'Refund' and your student number in the subject of the email.

The refund will be made directly to the third party.

Student Finance

The University will confirm your registration with the Student Loans Company for the release of your maintenance loan, payment will be made to you between 3–5 days after you are registered with the Student Loans Company.

For your registration to be confirmed you will need to be enrolled with the University and have a student finance application that is “Approved” Payment of your maintenance loan will also be subject to you having a National Insurance Number that is has been verified by the Student Loans Company and HM Revenue & Customs.

If your student finance application is “Approved” and you are enrolled with the University but have not received your maintenance loan please contact the University’s Student Funding Team, . Please quote your full name, student ID and student support number (SFDU) this can be found on your student finance notification letter, You can also view this letter from your Correspondence tab, on your online student finance account.


The University of Westminster offers a 15% discount on its full- and part-time Masters courses and PhD courses for alumni in certain categories.

See our Alumni discounts page for more details.