Visas and advice


With over 300 languages spoken and students from all corners of the globe, we are a very international community here at the University of Westminster. Moving country is a big change and it might take you a bit of time to feel at home.

It's perfectly normal to feel a little lost and homesick - especially in your first few months. Use the information on these pages to plan your journey to London to start your studies. 


What type of visa you will need, and the process for applying for it, will differ based on the type of course you plan to study, the duration of your course and several other criteria. 

Most international students will need a Tier 4 visa for the University of Westminster. You will not be able to start a course at the University if you have a Tier 4 visa for a different University or College.

Find out what visa you need

London skyline at night.jpg

If you are already based in the UK

If you are already based in the UK but not a citizen of an EU country.

Air Transport Planning and Management MSc

Before you arrive in the UK

Processes you will need to follow before you come to the UK.

Ticking boxes on a form


See our guidelines on UK visa regulations for study in the UK.

regent street campus exterior building

When you arrive

What to do and where to go when you arrive in the UK.

TFL Buses leaving the bus stop

Hints and tips

Hints and tips, where to go and what to see in London.

Money matters

Read our tips on organising your money before you arrive.