Social Sciences and Humanities
The Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities based in the historic Regent Street building offers a vibrant, multidisciplinary research environment, at the centre of which are several innovative, high-quality research groups and programmes. These include Asian Studies, English, Environmental Studies, French, History, Linguistics, Politics and International Relations, Psychology, Sociology, Visual Culture, and Work and Social Policy. The Faculty also hosts a well-established MPhil/PhD programme with currently around 60 doctoral students enrolled.
- English, Linguistics and Cultural Studies
- Modern Languages and Cultures
- Politics and International Relations
- History, Sociology and Criminology
- Sociology, Criminology and Social Justice