If you are a student with a disability or specific learning difficulty, for example, dyslexia, dyspraxia or dyscalculia, register with our Disability Learning Support team to ensure you get the support you're entitled to.

Student Finance England (SFE) provide an allowance called the Disabled Students Allowance. This grant is to help with additional study needs because of disability or specific learning needs.

This grant is available for most full-time and part-time undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses but only to students who meet the SFE eligibility rules to receive funding as a UK home student. If you receive funding as an EU student so only receive the EU Tuition Fee Loan, you will not be eligible.

You may also be entitled to extra help once you have enrolled on your course, for information on what help is available please visit our Disability Learning Support Funding page.

If you receive any Social Security benefits before you start your course, visit our State benefits page to find out if you can continue to claim as a student.

International or EU national students

If you are an international student or you are an EU national moving to the UK to attend your course, get in touch with the University Disability Learning Support Team to find out if any support is available to you.

EU nationals and their family members may be eligible for SFE funding as a home student if they live in the UK for reasons other than study, for example, to work. Visit our undergraduate student funding and postgraduate student funding pages for information about SFE eligibility.