How to register with our team 

A. Contact us to arrange an appointment with an advisor (this can be face-to-face, by phone or via Skype)


B. Complete a Reasonable Adjustments Questionnaire (you can complete more than one) and send us your supporting medical/diagnostic evidence, this is explained below. Please check our contact page for details on where to send this or how to drop it off with us.

Once we have met with you and/or received your Reasonable Adjustments Questionnaire, we will be in touch with you to confirm the support you’ll receive at the University.

Reasonable Adjustments questionnaires

We are here to support you throughout your studies and offer reasonable adjustments to ensure you have all the tools to succeed on your course. Our Reasonable Adjustments Questionnaires outline the support available at the University. 

Please contact us if you need any of these forms in an alternative format or have any questions.

Supporting evidence that we need to offer you support

We will need you to give us supporting evidence of your disability, e.g. a letter from your doctor or medical professional.

If your existing evidence doesn’t include a diagnosis of your condition, please download and take the Medical Diagnostic Evidence Request form (PDF) to your GP or other medical professional for them to complete. Please note all evidence needs to be in English and on headed paper.

Specific Learning Difficulties

Specific learning difficulties include dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia and AD(H)D. 

If you have a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD), we’ll need to see a copy of your diagnostic evidence that meets one of the following criteria (depending upon your specific learning difficulty):

  • A full post-16 diagnostic report done by an appropriately qualified assessor (a Charted Educational Psychologist or Specialist Teacher with an Assessment Practising Certificate).
  • A signed letter from a suitably qualified professional (e.g. psychiatrist, occupational therapist).

Please note:

  • The evidence needs to be in English and on headed paper
  • We cannot accept JCQ forms

If your report does not meet these criteria, or you are unsure whether it does, please contact us for advice.

Screening for dyslexia or dyspraxia 

If you think you may have dyslexia or dyspraxia, but have never had any tests done, we will organise a preliminary screening for you. Please download the flowchart which explains the Screening process (PDF).  Please do this as early as possible as this process can take several weeks.

If you have an old dyslexia/dyspraxia report done before you turned 16, a previous screening test or a JCQ Access Arrangements document, please download the flowchart which explains how to get an up-to-date diagnostic report (PDF).

There is funding available for a diagnostic assessment through Disability Cost Assistance (DCA). Download the flowchart which explains who is eligible for this (PDF).

If you have any questions about DCA, please contact Student Funding:

Email: [email protected] 

Telephone: 020 350 66989

Please note: if you are not eligible for DCA funding, you will need to pay for your diagnostic assessment and do not need to wait for screening.

Specialist one-to-one tuition

If you have a specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia, and have registered with DLS, you can receive one-to-one specialist study skills tuition.

For more information, please contact us.

Booking your DSA needs assessment

If you have applied for the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA), have been told by Student Finance England (SFE) that you are eligible to receive the DSA, and now wish to book your DSA needs assessment, please go to the DSA assessment page.


books pen paper calculator


The University has special assessment regulations to support students, these include adjustments for assessments, such as in-class tests, exams and presentations.

Red Telephone Box

Contact us

Speak to one of our Disability Learning Support Administrators.