Westminster Active Student Award
What is this award about?
Following the success of our inaugural celebration last year, the Career Development Centre will be hosting a similar event on 5 June, this year, where three of our most outstanding volunteers will be honoured for their exceptional volunteering achievements alongside fellow students who have participated in other similar schemes.
The honour is in the form of a Certificate of Achievement that is given out by the Vice-Chancellor in recognition of the exceptional impact that the students have made in both their personal development and/or in the support they have given to their fellow students and the wider community.
Present at the event will also be key staff members and invited guests.
Can anyone apply for this award?
To be eligible, you must fulfil the following criteria
- You must have volunteered during the current academic year
- You must be able to provide a statement of support from your host organisation or community group
- You must agree to take part in media publicity activity (eg your story as a case study on our website)
How are the winners selected?
A panel of three staff members from the Career Development Centre will select the winners based on the following criteria:
- The level of positive impact made on both your local community and your own learning experience
- The extent to which you have demonstrated innovation, creativity and involvement of others in your volunteering
When and where will the celebration take place?
The celebration will take place between 5:30 and 8pm on 5 June 2013 at the Fyvie Hall, Regents Campus.
If I win, can I invite a friend?
Each winner will be able to invite up to two guests. These can be friends, family members or a tutor.
How do I apply?
Simply apply online now