When are the exam periods?
There are three main University exam periods each academic year.
- January: Semester One exams
- May: Semester Two exams
- July: referral/deferral exams
For all the key academic dates, have a look at the University calendar.
Provisional exam timetables
The provisional exam timetables will be published on this page, as follows:
- For Semester 1 exams: 15 November 2019
110.29 KB118.81 KB
- For Semester 2 exams: 5 March 2020
Final exam timetables
The finalised exam dates and times will appear in your CMISGo timetable, on the following dates:
- For Semester 1 exams: 3 December 2019
- For Semester 2 exams: 26 March 2020
When provisional exam timetables have been published, check your timetable carefully to make sure that there are no exam clashes.
An exam clash is when you have two or more exams scheduled for the same time on the same day. If you have two or more exams on the same day but at different times, this would not be an exam clash.
If you have an exam clash, find out what to do next on our Exam clashes page.
Exam rules and regulations
When taking your exams, there are some important instructions, rules and regulations to follow. Failing to follow these could mean you're in breach of our academic regulations.
Here are some key rules to note:
- Bring your Westminster ID card to all exams and make sure you display it on your desk during the exam
- Always follow the exam invigilator's instructions
- Do not enter the exam room until the invigilator says you may do so
- Be silent and stay in your seat during the exam
- If you have any questions or need help during the exam, raise your hand and the invigilator will come and see you
- At the end of the exam, stay silent and seated until the invigilator says you may leave the room
More information on exams, including what you can and cannot take into exams, can be found on our Exam FAQs page.