Westminster Working Cultures London (WWCL) is an employability-focused programme designed to provide you with the opportunity to grow your own network, build confidence and gain an invaluable insight into the huge range of career opportunities that London has to offer you, both while you are studying and once you graduate.
You will gain first-hand experience of what it is like to work in fast-paced global organisations and hear directly from business professionals.
There are 30 spaces available on the programme. All participants will be granted a £500 bursary for taking part, funded by Santander Universities.
This programme is not open to International/EU or postgraduate students.
About the 2018/19 programme
- You will attend an introductory workshop to meet your fellow WWCL participants. You will be given advice on how to create an effective LinkedIn profile to ensure you build your professional network throughout the programme
- You will be able to explore a number of career options by attending five exclusive Insight Days at the offices of top London graduate employers including including Facebook, Santander and Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- After each Insight Day you will log the top things you have learnt on Engage
- You will have a professional Alumni mentor
- You will have two 20-minute consultations and one 45-minute consultation with a Careers Consultant to enhance your CV and discuss your career plans
- At the end of the scheme you will consider your goals going forward and have a log of your transferable skills to use in job applications and interviews in the future
Eligibility to apply
You must meet all of the ‘Essential criteria’ and at least one of the ‘Widening Participation criteria’ to be eligible to apply for Westminster Working Cultures London 2018/19.
- You must be a fully enrolled UK home student
- You must be in the first or second year of your undergraduate degree
Widening Participation criteria
- You are the first generation in your family to go to University
- You are a first-generation English speaker in your family
- Your family home is a housing association or council property
- You are a carer, care leaver or estranged student
- You are black, Asian or minority ethnic student
- You are registered with Disability Learning Support
You must be able to demonstrate that you are from a widening participation background by meeting at least one of these criteria. Applications will also be considered from other underrepresented groups in Higher Education.
Please complete the Westminster Working Cultures Application Form between 24 September and 10 October 2018. The deadline for applications is 11.59pm 10 October. You will be asked to upload your CV and answer the following two questions:
- What is your main motivation for wanting to take part in Westminster Working Cultures London? (200 words maximum)
- How do you think you would benefit from taking part in Westminster Working Cultures London? (200 words maximum)
Commitment to embracing diversity and promoting equality
If you have a disability that may affect your application to Westminster Working Cultures London you can choose to inform us of this, please email [email protected] or call 0203 506 7179.
By disclosing this information, we may be able to adapt the process for you and take this into account when considering your application. Any information you disclose will be confidential.