Thank you for your interest in the University of Westminster’s international alumni activities. The University is truly a global community with alumni in over 180 countries. With a number of initiatives in progress, we look forward to bringing you updated information on alumni activities around the globe soon.
Alumni enjoying a reception in Mumbai in January 2016 hosted by Deputy Vice Chancellor (Global Engagement), Professor Alexandra Hughes.
There are many ways to get involved with the Westminster global alumni network. You can start by connecting with your local Committee or Alumni Ambassador. They would love to hear from you whether you’re an alumnus moving country, a current student planning to leave the UK after graduation or a prospective student hoping to gain advice from local graduates.
Alumni committees are made up of former Westminster students, volunteering their time. The Committees provide opportunities for alumni to remain connected to the University as well as each other. Committee members take an active role in planning events, volunteering as a mentor or providing a work placement opportunity as well as supporting with recruitment activities.
Alumni Ambassadors are former Westminster students who volunteer their time to support the University’s reputation, recruitment and student experience. Our Ambassadors are active and responsive volunteers who will help to increase University engagement in their country/region.
Ambassador: Ryo Saputra Limijaya
Degree: Marketing Communications MA
Contact: [email protected]
Ambassador: Joyanto Mukherjee
Degree: International Relations MA
Contact: [email protected]
Joyanto can help with mentoring prospective students to the University and setting up placement opportunities for Westminster graduates after they complete their course.
You can also visit our alumni blog for the latest news on alumni activities around the world.
We are looking for international volunteers in the following areas. If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please contact [email protected].
1. Alumni Profile – we are very proud of our alumni community and want to promote the successes of our graduates. Fill in an alumni profile to share your experience.
Alumni profiles inspire, share valuable lessons and reflect the diversity and global outlook of our former students.
2. Speakers – we are always looking for alumni to speak at events both in their home country and if they are in London. If you come across someone who would be a good speaker, please pass their details on to the Alumni Office.
Speakers are engaging, confident, authentic, have something to say, easy to understand
3. Mentoring – an excellent way to ‘give back’ to the University, alumni can mentor a current student or recent graduate to support their professional journey. Fill in the application form to find a mentee today.
Mentors are established in their profession, willing to share their experiences, positive in attitude, value ongoing learning and growth
4. Alumni Ambassadors – alumni are the University’s best ambassadors. The University needs volunteers to speak with prospective students at international recruitment fairs and informal activities organised by the University. Ambassadors thoroughly enjoyed their experience and want to share this with other prospective students. A list of international recruitment events can be found on our Visits to your Country page.
Alumni Ambassadors are happy to chat about their experience at Westminster, able to answer questions about moving to London from their country
5. Employability – a key part of the University of Westminster’s 2020 Vision is focused on enhancing the employability of its graduates.
Alumni can support this by offering to speak about their professional journey with fellow alumni, whether as part of a careers panel or as a standalone keynote speaker, offering placements to current students or recent graduates in their organisation