- The scholarships offered by the University of Westminster are for studying at the University of Westminster only. We do not provide scholarships to enable students to study at other institutions.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw or amend any listed scholarship without prior notification.
- Scholarships are offered subject to funding and availability.
- Scholarships are awarded by the University’s Assessment and Awarding Group and their decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the reasons for their decision. No appeal is allowed, as once scholarships are awarded, all available funds have been committed.
- Lobbying of any members of the University’s Assessment and Awarding Group will disqualify applicants from receiving any scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded for a specific course and entry point and cannot be deferred.
- All scholarship offers are subject to verification of academic qualifications.
- Acceptance of a scholarship implies consent under the Data Protection Act for the University to keep in contact with the student and for the scholar’s name to be published in relevant publicity materials.
- If you are selected to receive a scholarship and you choose to decline the award and/or your course offer, your scholarship will be void for the academic year.
- All scholarship awards are for the student recipient only. Under no circumstances can scholarship funds be used to support students’ families.
- Tuition fee costs will be paid directly to the University’s Finance Offices on behalf of the student by the Scholarships office. Accommodation costs (where applicable) will be paid directly by the Scholarships office.
- When accommodation is provided, this will normally be at either one of the University’s Halls of Residence or International Students House. Where a scholarship recipient is accommodated is at the University’s discretion and may include sharing with other students.
- Scholarship funds for international students may not be repatriated under any circumstances. Students attempting to do so will have their scholarship revoked and will be required to return to their home country.
- Scholarship recipients must meet the conditions set out in the Terms of Agreement in order to continue to receive the scholarship throughout the duration of the course.
- The University and its partners reserve the right to withdraw, terminate or suspend any scholarship on disciplinary grounds or in case of academic failure. This includes failing to meet satisfactory academic progress which at minimum means successfully passing all modules (unless specified otherwise within the Terms of Agreement).
- Where needed, scholarship recipients may also be required to assist the University with its marketing and publicity activities.
Scholarships Data Privacy Statement
The University of Westminster takes its data protection obligations very seriously, and access to your personal information is subject to a staff confidentiality agreement and is limited by system permissions to only those staff and administrators who need access to the data to manage your scholarship.
Personal data in the system has been sourced from the University student records system, and where you have input personal information onto the scholarship application form yourself.
The categories of personal information held in our scholarships database is personal data relating to your identity, including contact information.
The University of Westminster uses your personal information in the Scholarships Department for the purposes of:
- Reviewing and managing your application for a scholarship
- Creating an agreement with you for your scholarship
- Ongoing management of your scholarship agreement
- Reporting on our scholarship activities, for regulatory, management and quality purposes
If your application is rejected, you wish to withdraw your application or you later choose not to attend the University of Westminster, we will keep your information for a one year period in line with our retention policy before having this destroyed.
If your application is successful, we will keep your information for a period of 6 years in line with our retention policy from the time you attend university, before having this destroyed.
You have the right to withdraw your scholarship application at any time during the application and awarding process. Please contact us directly if you would like to withdraw your application.
If any of your personal data is incorrect at the time of applying, or you wish to update the personal data on your application prior to the deadline, please contact us.
Please read through the student data privacy statement for more information.
If you have any questions relating to your personal information and your information rights, including right of access, rectification and erasure, please see the University’s data protection web pages or contact the University Information Compliance Team at [email protected]
You can also contact the Information Commissioners’ Office in relation to any concerns or issue you may have with the processing of your personal information, please see their website.