Results and awards
How can I check my results?
SRSWeb is your definitive source for checking your marks for each module. A paper copy of your marks (a 'Module Profile Report') may be requested from your Faculty Registry Office. Results cannot be released over the telephone.
Note: If the mark has an asterisk (*) next to it, the mark is provisional and may change following the assessment board.
If you're a final year student, a transcript of results will be posted to your home address following the assessment boards (make sure we have the right home address for you on SRSWeb). The transcript shows all the modules you've successfully completed and also states the final award and classification you've achieved. You can also view your results on SRSWeb. Your award certificate will be posted to your home address following the assessment boards.
Note: If you have not paid all your fees, you will not be able to access your results and should contact your local Finance Office as soon as possible.
When are my results published?
Results are published online on the following dates:
- Semester One and Two results: Thursday 15 June 2017
- Deferral and referral results: Friday 28 July 2017
As the demand is anticipated to be very high, the release is set to be staggered on the day in order to minimise any system slowdown or outage that might occur as a result of such heavy usage. Student results will be released online on Thursday 15 June 2017 as follows:
Publication Release times:
- 8am: Level 6 students this includes confirmed level 6 module results and conferred awards. All finalists will receive written confirmation and an academic transcript in the post.
- 11am: Level 5 students confirmed module results and progression information
- 2pm: Level 3 & 4 students confirmed module results and progression information
- 4pm: Level 7 students confirmed module results, not including projects
Please note: that your results will not be released before the stated times above so avoid logging into SRS Web any earlier and we thank you for your co-operation and patience.
Registry staff will be available from 8am to 6pm on publication day to deal with any queries you may have, but please note we cannot release results over the phone to you.
It's vital that you obtain your results in good time and within five working days of the official results publication dates. If you have not received or have not been able to access your results within five working days, contact your Faculty Registry Office.
What do my results mean?
If you're unsure what a 'referral', 'deferral' or 'condoned pass' is, or are confused about what you need to do next, read the Student Module Profile Notes (see below).
If you have any questions after you've read the notes, get in touch with your Faculty Registry Office.
- Download the Module profile notes for undergraduate students (pre-2010/11 regulations) (PDF)
- Download the Module profile notes for undergraduate students at Credit Level 3, 4 or 5 (PDF)
- Download the Module profile notes for undergraduate students at level 6 and undergraduate students on the level 5 Architecture course
- Download the Module profile notes for undergraduate study abroad students (PDF)
- Download the Module profile notes for postgraduate students (PDF)
Degree classifications and awards
For details on how your degree classification is calculated, see Part 5, Section 17 of the Handbook of Academic Regulations.
For details of awards, see Part 5, Section 18 of the Handbook of Academic Regulations.
Award Certificates are not issued at graduation ceremonies – you'll receive your certificate (at your home address) six to eight weeks after you receive your transcript of results.
Note: If you have any outstanding debts to the University (e.g. tuition or hall fees), we will not be able to send you your certificate until you have resolved these debts. Get in touch with the relevant Finance Office.
More information about Award Certificates is available on our Award Certificates page.