To be eligible to apply for this programme, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older when you begin the programme
- have successfully completed 1 year at a recognised university
- be currently enrolled in a degree programme in your home country and intend to return to resume your studies after your participation in the study abroad programme
Additional entry requirements for:
Students from China must have achieved one of the following:
- 211, 985 and top national universities: 70%+ or GPA 2.0/4
- National Universities: 75%+ or GPA 2.5/4
- High-ranking Private Universities: 80% or GPA 3.0/4
Students from Japan must have 50% of grades at 'A' or 'B', where the grading scale for A and B is 70%–100%.
Students from South Korea must have either a GPA of 2.8/4.0 or 50% of grades at 'A' or 'B'.
EFL+ Study Abroad Programme English language requirements
To be able to apply for this programme, you must have an IELTS score of 4.5 for each of the four language components (reading, listening, speaking, writing).
English language entry requirements for visa purposes
If you need to take an English language test for your visa application, please be aware that from April 5 2015, only IELTS taken in test centres approved by the Home Office are acceptable for use in a UK visa application for the University of Westminster. The University cannot make its own assessment of your English language ability for this programme.
Approved test centres may offer both secure IELTS tests (SELT tests) and non-secure tests (non-SELT tests). You must make sure you book onto a secure (SELT) test. The IELTS online booking form refers to these secure tests as 'IELTS for UKVI'.
We recommend you book your test well in advance of your course start date, as places on the tests may book up quickly.
Details of approved test centres can be found on the:
Another major requirement for a Tier 4 student visa is showing proof that you have sufficient cash funds to support yourself and pay your fees. More details on this requirement can be found on our Maintenance and fees and the 28-day rule page.