Who is this programme for?
For non-native speakers of English, we offer a year-long study abroad programme that includes 3 months of studying English as a Foreign Language (EFL).
- Immerse yourself in the life of a university which has a global reputation for the excellence of its programmes and boasts excellent ratings for the quality of its teaching and world-class research groups
- Study English and academic subjects to enhance both your English language skills and your academic learning. Evidence suggests that those who study abroad achieve higher grades in their degree programmes
- Earn international credits to transfer back to your degree programme at your home university to showcase your international learning
- As an alumnus of one of our study abroad programmes you will be eligible for a 15% discount on one of our full- and part-time Masters courses and PhD courses.
The programme offers you the opportunity to:
- Spend the first semester on our English as a Foreign Language programme, starting in September. This will help you enhance your English language skills in preparation for the full-time academic study in the second part of your programme
- Study 3 modules worth 60 UK credits over 1 semester
- Choose classes from a wide range of subjects, including Business, Law, Politics, International Relations, Visual Arts, English Literature, and more
- Transfer university credit from successfully completed modules to your home university
- Apply for housing in University accommodation
- Receive full pre-departure information before you leave home and an extensive orientation session when you arrive
- Be supported by specialists advisers to guide you through your study experience
- Opt to participate in the Education Abroad Team’s social programme
What our students say
Interested in what our current students are up to? Search #livelearnlondon on Instagram.
The University of Westminster has been the centre of my fantastic London life. Like London, Westminster has many things to offer. During the classes, I studied with students from America, other European countries, Asian countries and I met wonderful friends whom I can share my experiences of London life with.
Former English as a Foreign Language + Undergraduate Study Abroad Programme student