Before reading this section, please make sure you have read our Before you apply page.
University of Westminster Scholarship Application process at a glance:
|Level||Application method||Application form||Application deadline|
||13 October 2017|
*Please note that all scholarship applications are open to new students only. If you are a current student at the University of Westminster, unfortunately, you are not eligible to apply, however you can apply for current student scholarships. For more information check the information for current students page.
For UK/EU undergraduate scholarships, the University has an online application process which will open early 2018. When applying, you may apply for as many scholarships as you wish (if eligible), although no student will be awarded more than one scholarship.
Unless you are eligible for any specific scholarships, on your application form you will need to tell us honestly the two minimum levels of funding that you require and then your application will be assessed for all of the scholarships within that category.
You should only apply for the level of funding you actually need as we assume that you are applying for the minimum funding you require to take the course and we do not consider you for smaller scholarships if you are unsuccessful in gaining the larger one.
Please note – our full scholarships and full tuition fee scholarships are not available to MBA applicants (who are only eligible to apply for the dedicated MBA Scholarships).
International undergraduate and postgraduate applicants
Applying by post
International undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship applicants must send their application to us by post. Due to the volume of applications we receive we cannot accept any applications via email.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is received before the deadline date. Due to our very tight timescales we cannot accept applications which are received late or with a postmark of the deadline date.
Please send applications to:
University of Westminster
101 New Cavendish Street
London W1W 6XH
The Scholarships Office will email you to acknowledge receipt of your application. If you require proof of delivery, please use a delivery or courier service which allows you to track your package and verify receipt.
All scholarship applications are screened to ensure the basic eligibility criteria for the scholarships selected have been met. If we find that you do not meet the requirements you will be informed via email. Please note applications that do meet the criteria for our scholarships will be assessed and shortlisted once the application deadline for the relevant scholarship intake has passed.
Please take in to account the following when making your application:
- Your application must be typed, not handwritten.
- Please complete all sections of the application form. Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
- Make sure you provide all required supporting documentation the (the list of required documentation is outlined on before you apply page and on the application form itself). Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
- Do not submit more than the requested documentation. Please do not send original documents, as we cannot return these.
- International undergraduate and postgraduate students can only apply for one type of scholarship (ie Full Scholarship, Full-fee, and Half/Part-fee award) – please do not tick more than one box on the application form.
- Spend time on your application. You are in competition with some of the strongest students in the world so spend as much time as necessary creating a polished, professional and persuasive application.
- Do not exceed the word limit given for any section of the application. We ask you to answer questions concisely for a reason.
- Check your application for spelling and grammar errors.
- Make a complete copy of the application before you send it.
If your scholarship application is rejected
You will be informed of your rejection as soon as possible by email. If you are rejected, you cannot reapply for a Westminster scholarship for two calendar years. For example, if your application for September 2018 is rejected, the next scholarships programme you can apply for is September 2019.
Further application advice can be found on our frequently asked questions page.