Training sessions on managing your research data and writing a data management plan are available via the Researcher Development Programme and the Doctoral Researcher Development Programme (academic skills). Please visit their websites to book a place on the sessions.
Introduction to research data management
You can watch a 10–minute video introduction to research data management below:
- For academic researchers: introduction to research data management
- For doctoral researchers: introduction to research data management
If you have a particular training need, or would like to request a bespoke training session for your School or research Community, Group, or Centre, please get in touch at [email protected].
Subject specific guidance
- Managing and Sharing Data – UK Data Archive guidance for social scientists, endorsed by UKRI research councils (PDF)
- A Guide to Data Management in Ecology and Evolution - British Ecological Society (PDF)
- Depositing Shareable Survey Data – UK Data Service guidance on preserving and sharing social survey data (PDF)
- Digital Curation Centre (how-to guides and example data management plans)
- Researcher Support
- Research Governance and Research Ethics
- Information Security, Compliance and Records Management
- University Records and Archives
- Service Desk (staff login)
For further guidance and support, contact the Research Data Management Officer at [email protected].