Postgraduate study abroad programme
Our postgraduate study abroad programme is for international and EU postgraduate students who would like to study with us for a single semester, transferring the credit earned to your Master's programme at your home university.
You also have the option to take an internship as part of the programme, combining work and study to enhance your future employability.
On the programme, you will be able to:
- Study modules up to 60 UK credits (12 US credits/30 ECTs), which normally equates to three modules.
- Gain international work experience by taking an internship as part of your study abroad programme*, which allows you to combine work and study.
- Choose classes from a wide range of subjects, including Business, Law, Politics, International Relations, Visual Arts, English Literature, and more.
- Transfer university credit from successfully completed modules to your home university.
* Note that the internship programme credit is gained by taking a module which awards undergraduate credit.
To explore your module options in detail, visit our Postgraduate study abroad module programme page.
Taking an internship
If you choose to take an internship, one of your three modules will be the compulsory Professional and Personal Skills Development module, which carries undergraduate credit.
More details on the internship can be found on our Explore your internship page.
Helping you settle in
To help you settle in here, we offer you:
- Housing in University accommodation
- Full pre-departure information before you leave home and an extensive orientation session when you arrive
- A personal adviser to guide you through your study experience
- Optional participation in the Education Abroad Team social programme
As a study abroad student, you can apply for a place at one of our halls of residence.
Programme costs and dates
Details on the application fee, tuition fees and accommodation costs can be found on our Programme costs page.
To see when our semesters begin and other key dates, visit our Programme dates page.
How to apply
You can find out about our entry requirements and how to apply on our How to apply page.
Alumni discount for further study
When you have completed a minimum of one semester studying at the University, you will be eligible for our Alumni discount on Masters and Phd courses.
As one of our valued study abroad or exchange alumni, you are also invited to join our vibrant alumni community. Find out more on our alumni pages.
What our students say
“I chose this University because I thought it was the best way to meet my different goals, which were discover another culture, another way of working, meet different people from everywhere because London is a very cosmopolitan city, and finally because English universities are renowned for the quality of their teaching.
"The University of Westminster has an amazing campus situated in the heart of central London, has very qualified teachers, and a way of teaching that is very interesting and stimulating”
Former Postgraduate Semester Study Abroad Programme student.
Interested in what our current students are up to? Search #livelearnlondon on Instagram