I agree to accept my place in a University of Westminster approved programme on the following terms and conditions:
Passport and visas
- I agree that I am responsible for obtaining an appropriate visa or entry documents and pay applicable visa fees.
- I agree that I have a passport which is valid for a minimum period of six months from the date of entry into the host country.
Health and Safety
Travel and medical insurance
- I agree that I am responsible for registering for travel insurance (provided free of charge by the University of Westminster) that will provide me with coverage for the duration of my participation in the programme.
- I understand that in the event that I register for travel insurance with a third party, I am required to provide details of my travel insurance to the University of Westminster prior to my departure and I consent to the University of Westminster providing these details to the host institution.
- I agree to read all pre-departure material provided to me by the University of Westminster, particularly details relating to health and safety issues.
- I am responsible for seeking clarification from the University of Westminster of any questions I have respecting the pre-departure material.
Pre-existing health or medical conditions
- I understand that it is my responsibility to have all required vaccinations prior to departure and to take with me all required medicines, as advised by my health practitioner and by www.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo in the interests of my health and safety while overseas, the University of Westminster requests that I disclose any pre-existing health or medical condition and that I discuss a health management plan with my GP before departure.
- I acknowledge it is my responsibility to inform the University of Westminster of any health issues that may impact my ability to participate in activities overseas or that may require support.
- I understand that failure to disclose a medical condition may impact on my travel insurance cover.
- If I want support I will make my host institution aware of my support requirements and provide them with a copy of my Learning Support Entitlements form and medical evidence. I will contact Disability Learning Support (DLS) if I would like to discuss this further. 
- If I take medication for my disability/health condition, I will go to my GP to discuss obtaining the medication abroad and/or taking medication with me. I will contact Disability Learning Support if I would like to discuss this further.
- If my disability/medical condition may impact on my fitness to take part in the overseas programme, I agree to see Disability Learning Support to discuss my needs further. 
- If I need adjustments for field trips, I agree to discuss these further with Disability Learning Support. I understand that any risk assessment would need to be conducted by the academic department and that they can obtain advice from Safety, Health and Wellbeing. Any adjustments to field trips can be agreed by Disability Learning Support
 The University reserves the right to terminate student’s participation in the overseas programme if not discussed with DLS in advance and support abroad put in place.
I agree to pay expenses associated with my participation in the overseas programme, including but not limited to:
- The cost of textbooks and educational supplies required for the programme;
- All travel, visa, accommodation and living expenses associated with my participation in the programme unless stated otherwise;
- All health insurance costs and medical and pharmaceutical expenses incurred by me or for my benefit; and
- All costs resulting from the modification or termination of my participation in the programme.
- I acknowledge that the University of Westminster is not obliged to provide any funding to assist with the payment of programme fees or expenses unless the University of Westminster has agreed to do so in writing. If the University of Westminster provides funding for my programme fees or expenses, I agree to repay that funding at the University of Westminster’s request if I do not complete the programme or if my participation in the programme is terminated either by the University of Westminster or the host institution.
Rules and regulations
- I understand that I am subject to the rules and regulations of both University of Westminster and the host institution/provider and that failure to abide by them could result in the immediate termination of my participation in the programme.
- I understand that due to the international aspect of the programme, events beyond the control of the University of Westminster may occur including the outbreak of war, civil unrest or natural disasters and that these may require a modification or termination of my participation in the programme.
- I agree that the University of Westminster may modify or terminate my participation in the programme in these circumstances.
- I confirm that I have read the travel advice on the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) website related to the host country.
- I agree to check the FCO website again immediately before my travel date.
Standards of behaviour and consequences
- I agree to complete all requirements of the programme and will allow the University of Westminster to terminate my participation in the programme if I fail to maintain what the University considers to be an acceptable standard of conduct.
- I agree to conduct myself in a manner that will not offend either the laws of the host country or the cultural norms or behaviour pattern of the people of the host country.
- I acknowledge that being a representative and ambassador of the University of Westminster and the UK is an important part of the programme.
Students are required to maintain the highest standards of behaviour whilst abroad on a University of Westminster programme. Students overseas remain bound by the University of Westminster’s “Student Code of Conduct” and additionally must not engage in any of the following:
- Any unsafe practice or inappropriate behaviour that may put me, my peers or the people of the host country at risk or reduce my or their ability to carry out assigned duties;
- Disruption of any activity at the host institution and/or on a group programme;
- Acts or threatened acts of physical violence or of damage to or destruction of property;
- Violation of the laws and customs of the country of the host institution;
- Consumption of illegal alcohol or illegal drugs, drunkenness or substance abuse.
If I engage in any behaviour that fails to meet the expectations in this clause, I understand that the University of Westminster may do any one or more of the following:
- Terminate my participation in the programme without prior warning;
- Require me to pay to the University of Westminster or the host institution the costs of repairing any damage to property I have caused;
- Reimburse the University of Westminster or the host institution for any out-of-pocket expenses incurred as a consequence of the termination of my participation in the programme (this may include costs to revised travel plans for the programme, travel costs for me and for another person if I must be accompanied back to the UK as a consequence of my behaviour);
- Undertake corrective action under the University of Westminster’s “Student Disciplinary Procedure”.
Disclosure of personal information 
I consent to the disclosure by the University of Westminster of any personal information about me, including my academic record, in any or all of the following circumstances if the University of Westminster believes the disclosure:
- Would assist any hospital or other medical providers;
- Would assist in satisfying immigration or visa requirements during the programme or otherwise facilitate my travel;
- Is required to enable or assist me to obtain funds; and
- In any other circumstance in which the University of Westminster reasonably believes the disclosure of the personal information is warranted
 The University complies with the Data Protection Act in its use of student’s data. By completing enrolment students give permission for their information to form the basis of their student record. This will be used in the administration of their course and in the provision of the University’s services, support and facilities. For full and further information, see our information compliance page relating to data protection and our student data privacy statement.
I Agree to provide reasonable assistance to the University of Westminster by providing up to date information regarding programme details and activities; assisting students participating in the programme in the following years; and completing a programme evaluation and report, as requested.