When on campus

  • Dial 02079115000 ext 5555 from your mobile
  • Dial 5555 from a Campus landline phone
  • Visit the reception desk

The University has trained first aiders at each campus and they are your first point of contact in an emergency. Dial 02079115000 ext 5555, or 5555 from a campus landline and someone will be sent to you. You can also page a nurse on this number. Note that our first aiders are volunteers and have their own jobs to do too, so please only request them if something happens to you while at the University.

If you need the Emergency Service(s) urgently, please either contact Reception or call 999 and then contact Reception afterwards and inform them of the situation.

When off campus

If the accident or emergency occurs outside the University then you should go to the Accident and Emergency Department or Minor Injuries Unit at your nearest hospital.

Call 999 for an ambulance for emergencies such as loss of consciousness, severe chest pain, serious accidents or serious loss of blood.

Call NHS 111 if you need urgent medical help or advice but it's not a life threatening situation. This is a new service from the NHS and you can find out more on the NHS 111 page.

Find out where your nearest emergency medical facilities are and keep their details handy.

Out of hours service

If you are registered with a medical centre, you should arrange to see your own General Practitioner (doctor). If your medical centre is also closed or you are not registered with a medical centre, you can be seen at an NHS Walk-in centre. The closest NHS Walk-in centres to the University of Westminster are the:

  • Soho NHS Walk-in Centre (just south-east of Oxford Circus)
  • Minor Injuries Unit at St Charles Hospital, Exmoor Street (No. 18 bus from Marylebone Campus or Ladbroke Grove Tube station)

For a full list of NHS Walk-in centres, visit the NHS website. Telephone advice can be obtained by calling NHS Direct (a 24-hour telephone helpline run by medical professionals) on 0845 4647.

You can also call NHS 111 if you need urgent medical help or advice.  For more information on this service visit the NHS 111 page.

Crisis and urgent support

For sources of support outside the University/outside of office hours, please see our document below.


For duty counsellor opening hours, and for crisis and urgent support outside office hours, please visit our counselling page.