Who we are
Our professionally trained counsellors help people from many different backgrounds and cultures, and work to the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy Code of Ethics and Practice.
Our counsellors are happy to talk to you about anything that’s bothering you, from an inability to study, poor concentration and depression, to relationship problems and bereavement.
We understand it may be difficult to ask for help, but we encourage you to get in touch. All counselling sessions are confidential – see our code of practice on confidentiality and data protection:
How we can help
Register for support
To access our counselling services, you’ll first need to register with us. Simply download the Counselling Form below and follow the instructions in the form. Please follow the steps below when completing the form:
- First save the counselling registration form to your PC
- Open and complete the form
- Save the completed copy to your PC and attach it in an email to us
As soon as we’ve received your form, we’ll be in touch to discuss what counselling options might work best for you.
Types of support
When you’ve registered with us, a counsellor will assess your situation and talk you through the support on offer. Types of support include:
- 1-2-1 appointments with our counsellors (based at our Harrow and Marylebone Campuses)
- Group sessions to explore personal and academic difficulties in a confidential setting with other students
- Email counselling for those who find it easier to write about their thoughts and feelings or who may find it difficult to attend appointments on campus
- Skype/Teams sessions for those who may find it difficult to attend appointments on campus
For emergencies please contact your nearest Accident and Emergency by calling 999.
For urgent or crisis situations
If you have any urgent concerns, we have a duty counsellor available weekdays from 10am-4.30pm. Please contact the office if you would like to speak to the duty counsellor (see contact details at the bottom of this page).
Our opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9.30am–4.30pm
We do not operate a service on days when the University is closed.
For sources of support outside office hours, download our crisis and urgent support leaflet below.
Workshops and events
The Counselling Service runs workshops and events throughout the year.
To find out about these activities, keep an eye on the events listing on the Student Hub homepage or get in touch with us at [email protected].
If you have a booked counselling appointment, you can find us at the following locations: