Professional and short courses
Social Media for Business Innovation
|Location||Marylebone, Central London|
|Faculty||Westminster Business School|
This Social Media for Business Innovation short course is designed to enable you to use social media platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn to address your business requirements and be able to measure all activity using Google Analytics.
Through using the most appropriate social media platforms, in the most appropriate ways for your particular needs, the course helps you enhance:
- business processes
- communication, collaboration and engagement
- innovation and growth
Who is this course for?
This evening course is aimed at CEOs, COOs, product and project managers, heads of communications and marketing, team leaders and managers, internal communications specialists and the like.
The course is particularly suitable for people running or leading medium-sized enterprises or similar-size business units interested in adopting and optimally using social media, tools and platforms for business growth, knowledge management and innovation.
|No course dates available|
|This course will be running soon. If you would like to be kept informed please contact us.|
During this course you will:
- explore social media tools and platforms and learn how to use them for business advantage
- learn how to work with social media metrics and analytics so you can ensure your organisation's social media use delivers
- start working on a social media strategy for your organisation covering social media for marketing, communications, knowledge sharing and innovation
This is a highly interactive hands-on course especially designed to give you the social media skills and knowledge of Google Analytics you need, and the confidence to apply them in an organisational setting. Each session will begin with a context-setting overview to provide the platform for the workshop activities and hands-on learning.
You will gain:
- the opportunity to address your company's specific social media challenges
- a clear understanding and hands-on experience of a variety of leading social media platforms and their roles in business
- the tools and techniques to enable you to plan, manage and optimise your company's social media presence
- the expertise to plan, implement, analyse and maximise the benefits of your company's social media use
This course will enable your organisation to:
- ensure that employees have all the right info they need to do their job well
- reduce time wasted in meetings
- measure the benefit you gain from using social media
You will bring back to your organisation:
- the know-how that enables you to plan, manage and maximise your company's social media presence in ways that contribute significantly to:
- business processes
- communications, collaboration and engagement
- Innovation and growth
- solutions for specific workplace social media challenges that we have addressed during the course
- a knowledge of good-practice use of social media to build both internal and external relationships
Meral Crifasi specialises in social media strategy and digital marketing. She has designed and implemented social media strategies and channels for a series of high-calibre brands. Meral's clients include the University of Westminster and technology start-ups such as iPushPull, Rezzable, iCharts and Penton Media Europe. She is multilingual and is active across multiple social media platforms.
Dr Fefie Dotsika is a Senior Lecturer in Business Information Management at Westminster Business School.
She teaches courses focusing on social media, web information and knowledge management as well as the management of web resources in organisations.
Fefie's research interests focus on organisational adoption of social media platforms and emerging web technologies.
She is particularly interested in knowledge transfer between universities and organisations and together with Keith Patrick has led research projects that transfer the expertise and skills to companies in order to improve competitiveness and profitability.
Keith Patrick is a Senior Lecturer in Information Management and Course Leader for the MA Management programme at Westminster Business School.
Keith has been working in social media since 1999, and his research focuses on managerial, organisational and user perspectives on technology and its deployment.
He specialises in teaching and engaging with business, particularly through Knowledge Transfer Partnerships.
Keith and Fefie have both written and published widely about social media and other forms of business technology. Their Knowledge Transfer Partnerships with companies including Mapa Ltd, DSPG Telecom and RPC LLP have proved highly impactful.