Professional and short courses
|Location||Marylebone, Central London|
|Faculty||Westminster Business School|
Leading today involves coping with unprecedented challenges. Budgets are being cut just as demands on services are escalating. To thrive and make a difference in the current economic and political climate means developing a more creative and open approach to leadership – one based on a solid ethical foundation, on trust and transparency.
Ethical Leadership is an intensive three-day course, which will enable you to:
- deal with complex issues and dilemmas calmly and effectively
- develop a more broadly informed and resilient approach to decision-making
- act with integrity, especially in challenging circumstances
- identify when rules and regulations might impede ethical decision-making and implementation
- develop a framework for responding wisely and with careful consideration in such circumstances
- build the courage to follow your moral compass, tapping into the ethical leader within
- bring out the best in yourself and in the people and organisations you lead
Course tutor Dr Katalin Illes, an international leadership scholar and consultant, draws from a broad spectrum of ancient philosophy and modern business and scientific references, as well as her own experience of working with leaders from diverse cultures and situations to elucidate the nature and ethics of leadership.
|No course dates available|
|Register your interest and we will let you know as soon as we add new dates.|
We can tailor this course for a group of staff from your business or organisation. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Group discounts are available.
Through group exercises, reflection and discussion, participants will learn to apply classical and current thinking to their own situation in order to help develop real solutions to benefit themselves, their team and their organisations.
They will explore:
- internal and external measures of accountability
- how to manage conflict between public interest and their own private interest
- what it means to be an ethical leader
Participants should leave the course with:
- increased confidence in their own decision-making abilities
- greater self-awareness and wellbeing
- increased agility and resilience
- a stronger moral compass
- a broad historical, philosophical, scientific and business perspective on leadership
- a roadmap for individual development
Ethical Leadership was designed by Dr Illes to encourage leaders to consider their role on a deeper level and improve their skills, awareness and resilience as leaders.
The course has given me a much-enhanced insight into moral bases and how I should ensure constant self-challenge and re-evaluation.
Sheila McClelland, Town Clerk and Chief Executive, Carrickfergus Borough Council
Dr Katalin Illes’ combined background in business and humanities studies gives her a unique and valuable perspective on leadership. She is a widely published and internationally respected leader in transformational change, much sought-after as a visiting professor in universities internationally, an inspiring public speaker at high-profile events, and an effective and energetic consultant for large organisations across all sectors.
Her insightful, philosophical and compassionate approach to ethical leadership ensures she connects on a deeply human level with course participants, audiences and clients.
This course has been developed for individuals who are in, or aspire to, leadership roles across all kinds of organisations. There are no formal entry requirements.
This course is taught in English, so a good working knowledge of the language is essential.
Please note that the University of Westminster reserves the right to cancel this course if minimum attendance levels have not been fulfilled. In the event that the University cancels the course, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and will provide a full refund of course fees.