Our Agile Project Management™ courses (AgilePM®) address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be Agile. The Agile course covers an approach to project management that sits alongside PRINCE2®.
Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern, the Agile certification provides the ability to deliver Agile projects in organisations that requires standards, rigour and visibility around project management.
The course will:
- explain how to lay the foundations for successful Agile projects
- explain how an Agile project is managed
- clarify the different management styles needed for successful Agile projects (compared to 'traditional' projects)
- prepare you for the Foundation exam
- provide integration with PRINCE2®
At the end of the course you will take a one-hour multiple-choice exam, which leads to the AgilePM® Foundation certificate.
Who is this course for?
The course will suit project managers who want to add to their knowledge of traditional approaches and who work in a fast-paced changing environment and are embracing empowerment provided by Agile methods. The qualification is aimed at both practising project managers and Agile team members who wish to become Agile project managers.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however you will need to familiarise yourself with the manual and study for around 15 hours before the first day of training. You will also need to study between training days. You cannot sit for the Practitioner exam unless you have passed the Foundation exam.
Project management is a contemporary career that is so generic it is applicable to any business sector. This qualification offers opportunities for a career change or internal advancement in most medium or large, UK or international, government or non-government organisations.
Including AgilePM® Foundation in your CV will add a sought-after qualification to your profile that could help increase your earning potential.
Book the Foundation course together with the AgilePM® Practitioner course for a discounted fee of £1,195.
The course is a non-residential two-day course with the Agile Project Management Foundation exam at the end of the third day.
The Foundation AgilePM certification provides you with the core principles you need to facilitate a successful project, while allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide. With a clear, concise and detailed perspective on project productivity, the AgilePM certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry.
The course has a balance of theory and practical experience of the techniques of Agile project management.
The course will cover:
- the fundamentals and the philosophy
- the principles
- the lifecycle and products
- roles and responsibilities
- team structures communication
- MoSCoW and timeboxing
- estimation and measurement
- lifecycle configuration
- quality and maintainability
- planning, control and risk
- implementing Agile Project Management
What's included in the course cost?
The course cost includes lectures, lecture materials, copy of the manual, one sample examination paper and the examination.
The Agile Project Management™ Certification is accredited by APMG-International.
AgilePM® is a registered trademark of Agile Business Consortium Limited. All rights reserved
The APMG International AgilePM and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
Teaching and assessment
The course consists of a series of classroom lectures and group exercises. The lectures introduce the method’s terminology, then we will discuss case studies to explain how to use the method in practice. We will provide supplementary learning material via the University’s online learning platform. At the end of each day we wil use multiple choice questions to remind us of the day’s learning and to prepare us for the certificate exam.
The Foundation exam has the following format:
- multiple-choice questions
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available)
- 40 minutes' duration
- closed-book exam, no material allowed
Dr Nadia Amin
Nadia is an experienced lecturer with nearly 15 years of working in higher education. Her background in information systems engineering has enabled her to deliver and develop many courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in systems development, ebusiness and strategic management of IS. She also worked as an IT consultant for a number of organisations. Nadia is a chartered IT professional and is an accredited Agile PM Practitioner and Trainer.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of Agile and the ability to apply relevant project management methods, leading to successful Agile projects
- clarify different management styles needed for successful Agile projects compared to traditional projects and be able to tailor these to the situation
- actively promote trust and close cooperation between the business and developers, and give the business ongoing visibility into what is happening
- combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with Agile to better adapt to a changing business environment
- improve time-to-market and project success rates while simultaneously accelerating results by encouraging stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls
Benefits for your organisation include:
- deliver change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continually validating project milestones against business objectives
- a methodology that complements and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes, which improves rigour and visibility around project management, leading to a proven track record of successful delivery in a corporate environment
- simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific Agile management process
- achieve better communication and control over projects and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale and scope
- develop professionalism in employees and include agile certification in employee professional development schemes
Mode of Delivery
Online virtual classroom
Day and time
Monday - Tuesday
9:30am - 5:15pm
This course is taught at our Marylebone Campus in central London, within easy walking distance of Regent's Park and Marylebone High Street.