If you are supporting students considering higher education or who are interested in studying at the University of Westminster, the Outreach Team is here to help.
We offer a range of services for teachers and advisers, staff in IAG roles, tutors and curriculum staff. These include:
- presentations on specific subjects for students or staff
- general advice on higher education
- open days at the University
- visits to your school or college
- ambassador students to talk to your pupils
To find out how we can help, contact our using the details at the bottom of this page.
Explore our courses
The University teaches courses across five faculties. To help you get a feel for what we teach and how, we can run specialist academic and information sessions for staff or students at your school. These include presentations from individual departments and visits designed especially to answer your questions on specific courses and related careers.
See what subjects we teach
Get help with your personal statement
If you or your students would like written feedback on a draft of a personal statement, send it our way. Drafts of personal statements for any course, either at undergraduate or postgraduate level and at any UK university, can be sent to [email protected] for one of our Student Recruitment Officers to take a look. This service is free and open all year. At busy times please allow 7 days for a response, though usually this is around 3 days.
Arrange a presentation for your students
For your students, finding the right course at the right institution is just one of the many challenges of embarking on higher education. Ask one of our team to visit your school to talk to students about the practical aspects of going to university, including:
- applying to university and the UCAS process
- choosing a course and a university
- student life and why go to university
- student finance and sources of funding
- taster visits across our faculties (subject to availability)
There are many aspects to higher education in addition to the above so we can tailor visits to suit your needs, so please feel free to discuss your requirements with us using our contact details at the bottom of this page.
Tell your students about our open days
Our open days give potential students a chance to get more information about the subject they want to study and to get a glimpse of student life here. They’ll have the opportunity to attend a lecture, speak to academic staff and put their questions on accommodation, student finance and admissions to university staff.
Get the dates of our next Westminster Open Days.
Invite us to your careers fair
We know that higher education and UCAS fairs are a great way for your students to get the information they need to plan for going to university. So we attend many local, regional and national fairs. If you are running an event and would like us to attend, please get in touch with the team.
Find out which events we are attending this year.
Discover how we are widening participation
We are partners on a growing range of collaborative projects to encourage students from all backgrounds to take up higher education opportunities. These include:
- Linking London – dedicated to working collaboratively to identify opportunities and to meet the challenges of the changing educational landscape
- Routes in Languages – the programme includes a wide range of events and activities including taster days, summer schools and e-mentoring, to promote the take-up of languages from school to university
- Access HE – this new pan-London organisation helps young people from disadvantaged backgrounds enter Higher Education.
Student profile videos
Find out more about the Westminster experience from first year to alumni with these student profiles. You can hear from students who've been on work placements or studied abroad and learn about the benefits of studying with us in the heart of London.
These videos have been produced by our Outreach team in association with Smoke TV.
Request a visit
Why wait for the next higher education fair when we can come directly to your school? Perhaps you’d like your students to hear directly from our students or inform new staff about the wide variety of courses on offer for their pupils at the University of Westminster? Contact an outreach officer below.