Westminster student experience
In the Westminster 2020 Strategy, we have set out a vision to create a rich, dynamic and inspirational university based on world-leading research, absorbing teaching and enterprising education for all.
Our mission is to provide a global learning environment in the heart of London, inspiring the next generation of world citizens and helping to shape a better future.
To do this, the Westminster student experience includes:
- Welcoming our students into a caring and inclusive community.
- Providing excellent physical and virtual environments for student engagement.
- Embedding equality, diversity and inclusion for all our student communities.
- Ensuring reliable and effective communication of all that we do.
- Delivering inspiring, relevant and coherent academic courses which prepare all our students for the future.
- Ensuring dynamic, cutting edge and supportive learning environments, responsive to changes in teaching practice and new technology.
- Promoting student partnership in designing, reviewing and developing our academic curriculum.
- Fostering excellence in our research-orientated, practice-focused and inter-disciplinary teaching.
- Promoting employability for all through developing the required knowledge, skills and attributes and through engagement with professional practices and collaboration across disciplines.
- Extending students’ global engagement and experience of working in inter-cultural contexts.
- Promoting the social responsibility of all our students as global and engaged citizens.
- Engaging our alumni to enhance the academic and personal potential of our students.