The University of Westminster is undergoing an exciting transformation.
We are three years into a programme of extensive improvements to our buildings and surroundings. This is part of a ten-year strategy to invest in our estate and create a world-class teaching and learning environment for our students and staff.
The Estates and Facilities department is busy carrying out numerous projects that will improve the University estate over the coming months. The following are details specific to each campus:
- Increased provision of turnstiles at the entrance to cope with increase in staff and student numbers following the relocation of the Psychology department to New Cavendish Campus.
The following work at Harrow is due to be delivered in sections from September 2014 through June 2015:
- creation of open plan offices in J Block to house the faculty hub and Corporate Services
- update furniture in the Garden room café
- landscaping to the J block courtyard
- creation of a Mock Shop and flexible project space in E block
- replacement of the entry and exit doors and replacement of the Tensile roof structure connecting F Block to the street
- acoustic treatment to the lower ground floor of A block
- installation of additional seating in the auditorium in anticipation of projected increase in Undergraduate programme sharing modules in 2015/16 academic year
- FAB Lab West creation, as well as associated workshops and offices (PhD study space on the Podium and the old Intermission on the sub-podium).
- Digital Studios (4th and 5th floors) digital trunking installation. The Podium level lab will be in place by September 2014 while the sub-podium level will be completed by October 2014.
- Complete library refurbishment, 2nd and 3rd floors, creating new study booths and group study spaces.