How to apply
Submitting an application for an MBA may seem daunting at first, but help is at hand to guide you through the application process. The Westminster MBA application process entails the following two steps:
- Apply via UKPASS. To apply for the Westminster MBA, you submit your application through UKPASS – a postgraduate online application platform. It’s a step-by-step application process which captures your personal details, your educational background and a personal statement. Download our UKPASS application guide (pdf).
- Attend an interview. If you meet our entry criteria you are invited to interview with the MBA Director or Deputy Director. We can arrange both in-person and virtual meetings online, so you don’t have to visit the university for your interview.
Common applicant questions
Below are answers to some of the questions you may have as an applicant, at different stages of the application process.
My UKPASS application
UKPASS is a postgraduate online application platform used by a majority of universities in the UK. It’s a step-by-step application process which captures all the necessary details of your application, such as your personal details, your educational background and a personal statement.
Download our UKPASS application guide (pdf) for an overview of the UKPASS application form.
You can use this as a checklist for documents you need to have ready to submit along with your UKPASS application:
- Copies of all your degree certificates and transcripts, and/or your professional qualification certificates. If your documents are not in English, we ask that you attach notarised English translations.
- A detailed CV or resume. In order for us to assess your experience we ask that you include details of all relevant roles and responsibilities.
- One work reference confirming dates of your employment and job responsibilities with a current or prior employer.
- If English is not your first language, you need to have your English language proficiency assessed and provide your results certificate. We accept IELTS, TOEFL, IBT, PTE and Cambridge Advanced Certificate. You will need the equivalent to IELTS 6.5 with no lower than 6.0 in any component (reading, writing, listening, speaking) for entry to the Westminster MBA.
Your personal statement should give us an insight into your professional background and the quality of your managerial experience. We want to know why you are applying and what your drivers are, but we're also interested in the knowledge and expertise you bring with you to the classroom and what your future peers can learn from you – don’t forget so showcase this in your personal statement.
Applications for the Westminster MBA to start in September and January (full-time and part-time) are now open via UKPASS. You can apply at any point throughout the year, however we recommend applying at least 3 months before the start of the course.
We do not have an official deadline and applications generally remain open until all places are filled. Places on the Westminster MBA are in high demand so you are advised to apply as soon as possible and at least 3 months before the start of the course.
There is currently no application fee to apply for the Westminster MBA.
If you are running your own company, or are the most senior person in your organisation, you could request a client or a work colleague to provide a reference for your application.
Yes, although we strongly recommend that you submit all supporting documentation at the same time as your application on UKPASS, you can email them separately to the Westminster MBA Admissions Officer at [email protected].
However, please note that this may cause a delay of a decision on your application.
Yes, you can apply for both – provided you can meet the requirement of study for the part time mode.
Please note: if you need a student visa to study in the UK, you cannot study on a part-time course, including the MBA. If this applies to you, then you need to apply for the full time MBA only.
The Graduate Management Admission Test – GMAT, is a test often used for MBA admissions by other institutions as it help to assess your analytical, writing and reading skills in English.
Passing GMAT is not mandatory for admission to the Westminster MBA, but it is helpful if you have not studied to degree level as it demonstrates that you have the basic skills you will need on the course. We would be looking for a GMAT score above 650.
Please note that GMAT doesn’t help us understand whether you will work collaboratively with your MBA peers and faculty, your managerial experience or your mind set – this would be assessed during your interview.
You need to have completed a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience before you apply for the Westminster MBA.
Yes, you can apply for the MBA without having your IELTS scores, but you need to provide them in order to be accepted to the programme and before the course starts. They should be emailed to the Westminster MBA Admissions Officer at [email protected].
After you submit your application
If you are offered a place on the Westminster MBA, our Business School Applicant officers will get in touch with you to help you prepare in order to get the most out of the course. They will be at hand to answer any questions you may have leading up to your enrolment and start of the course.
If you require a student visa to study in the UK, you will be asked to pay a deposit of £4,000 when accepting your place.
Sometimes job opportunities arise sooner than imagined and we know that our participants are sought after in the job market. Rather than having to choose between completing the MBA or taking the job, we’re offering you the option to switch to part-time study.
As we bring together our full-time and part-time MBA executives at every opportunity, you would remain in contact with some familiar peers and therefore this switch would not interfere with your established networking.
Please note: if you are an international student on a student visa, you will not be able to switch to part-time mode as your visa allows for full-time study only.
Once you submit a complete application along with all the supporting documents via UKPASS, you will hear from the Admissions office in a weeks’ time on whether you are offered a place. If your application is successful, you will be invited to an interview session.
Shortly following the interview, you will hear the outcome of your MBA application. Applications with pending documents will take much longer for processing.