Take the Diploma in Translation exam at one of the longest-running DipTrans exam centres.
About the Diploma in Translation (DipTrans)
The Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) is the oldest professional qualification of its kind, widely recognised by employers in the UK and around the world, and intended for working translators and for those who wish to embark on a career in professional translation.
It is a postgraduate-level professional qualification offered by the IoL Educational Trust (IoLET).
Take the DipTrans exam in central London. Our facilities offer unparalleled exam conditions for our candidates and we are one of the only UK centres offering the exam by computer. We also have the widest range of DipTrans preparation courses in the country.
Prepare for this very competitive exam by enrolling for our Diploma in Translation Preparation courses.
About the DipTrans exam
To obtain the DipTrans you must sit an exam, which takes place every year in January and is composed of the following three units:
- Unit 1: written translation of a general text
- Unit 2: written translation of a semi-specialised text in either technology, business or literature
- Unit 3: written translation of a semi-specialised text in either science, social science or law
The January 2021 exam will be offered both by hand and by computer.
- Monday 18 January 2021 (evening) – IT facilities familiarisation session for candidates taking the exam by computer
- Tuesday 19 January 2021 – exam: from all languages into English
- Wednesday 20 January 2021 – exam: from English into all languages
DipTrans exam fees
The fees below include both the exam fee and the centre fee.
|Units taken||By computer||By hand|
|Unit 1 only||£495||£479|
|Unit 2 only or Unit 3 only||£388||£372|
|Any two units||£756||£730|
|Units 1, 2 and 3||£819||£783|
Before you can take the exam
To be able to take the Diploma in Translation exam you must be registered as an IoLET affiliate. Examination entries will not be accepted from candidates who are not registered with CIOL as an IoLET affiliate.
The deadline for booking the exam is 31 August 2020.
DipTrans exam centre
University of Westminster
309 Regent Street
London W1B 2HW
T: +44 (0)20 3506 9900
F: +44 (0)20 7915 5492
E: [email protected]