Mapping Urbanisation for Urban and Regional Governance is a scoping study funded by the UK Government's Department for International Development, under the Urbanisation Knowledge and Research theme.
The Max Lock Centre, University of Westminster, produced this report in partnership with The Urban Resource Centre, Karachi, Pakistan; Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil; and Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria. This report summarises the findings of the activity from January 2003 until May 2003. The views expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the policy of DFID.
- Max Lock Centre, University of Westminster, London (William Erickson, Tony Lloyd-Jones, Michael Theis, Ian Greatbatch and Budhi Mulyawan)
- Arif Hasan, Urban Development Researcher, Urban Resource Centre, Karachi, Pakistan
- Circe Gama Monteiro, Ney Brito Dantas and Fabiano Sobreira, Urban Planning and Social Development Researcher, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
- Mohammed-Bello Yunusa and Samuel Adenekan, Ahmadu Bello University, Samaru, Zaria, Nigeria
- Professor Michael Batty, Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA), UCL for advice and guidance