- Are you a University of Westminster current or final year student available to work during the Summer?
- Do you want to help students who are seeking a place at University?
- Do you have excellent communication and organisational skills, initiative and common sense?
- Can you work under pressure and as part of a team?
What is the Clearing Enquiry Service?
- The Clearing Enquiry Service needs current students to staff telephone lines to screen and assist our callers who are seeking a University place. At peak times the service receives 2,800 calls per day.
When will I work?
- All team members will have to attend a compulsory five-day training course which starts on Thursday 8 August 2013 (you will be paid for the training period). Phone lines go live from Thursday 15 August 2013 until the end of enrolment. Staff will be employed for between two to six weeks.
- You will be expected to work a minimum seven hour shift during our core hours of 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. We cannot offer part-time shifts.
- A-level results are published on Thursday 15 August 2013 when the phone lines will be open from 8am until 7pm. Staff will be required to work a minimum of seven hours on Thursday 15 August and Friday 16 August; extra hours will be available on these two days. All staff will start at 8am on Thursday 15 August.
- There may be the opportunity for some weekend work on Saturday 17 August for around eight members of the team (weekend work is optional).
Where will I work?
- The team is based in the Copland Building, 115 New Cavendish Street, W1W 6UW. After the main clearing period you may be required to work at one of our other sites.
How much will I be paid?
- £9 per hour
How do I apply?
- Before applying, please read the job description.
- If there are any dates or times that you are unable to work during the clearing period (8 August-20 September) then you must mention these on your application form. This includes any regular commitments eg part-time work where you would like to work an earlier shift. The core hours will be 9am-6pm so you must be able to work a minimum of seven hours a day during these times.
- You must submit your application by 5pm on Wednesday 5 June 2013.
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 26 and Thursday 27 June 2013 (we are unable to arrange alternative dates).
- For more information, please email [email protected].
- To apply, fill in this form!
How do I know if I have been shortlisted?
- Successful applicants will be contacted by email on Wednesday 12 June. Regrettably, we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants due to the large number of applications which we receive.