Do you want to learn how to improve your internet marketing activities but do not have time to attend our face-to-face course? Would you like to find out more about improving your online engagement and gaining competitive advantage – in your own time and space?
Whether you are a business owner or a complete beginner looking to start a career in online marketing, this Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) digital marketing online course is the ideal solution.
Who is the programme for?
Certified Digital Marketing Professional (formerly Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing) is ideal for anyone involved in the planning, implementation or measurement of digital strategies – or anyone who employs digital marketing staff and would like to understand how they spend their time. The programme is suitable for professionals of all levels and disciplines, and will prepare you to take up a more specialist role within the overall marketing domain.
The course is for:
- professionals who need to understand digital marketing or get more out of their digital channels
- marketers who want to fast-track their career or improve their position in the marketplace
- small business owners who need to maximise online channels for growing their business
- students who want to upskill in digital marketing
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Westminster Business School has been accredited by the Digital Marketing Institute to deliver this programme to a syllabus designed by practising digital marketing professionals and endorsed and validated in conjunction with Google, Facebook, Twitter, Paypal, Microsoft and Ogilvy, to name just a few. This ensures that the curriculum has been specifically structured to focus on current trends and best practices in digital marketing.
The course covers the following modules:
What's it all about? How do you reach customers? How can traditional and digital media work together to create a water-tight campaign that speaks its truth across any and every channel? What's the difference between inbound and outbound marketing?
This module takes you through all the basics, helps you explore the buyer journey and stays rooted in practice. The goal is always to keep things clear and actionable.
- Principles of Digital Marketing
- Digital Research
- Developing Objectives
- Cultural Research
- Connecting with the Customer
Digital media is fascinating and powerful because it’s super person-orientated, yet also data driven – you get to engage with how people think and also see how and what they do. This module is about creating content that speaks to people, but also about sending it out into the big wide digital world at the right time and via the right channels. Best of all, you get the superpower ability to see what works.
- Content Marketing Concepts and Strategy
- Developing a Content Marketing Plan
- Publishing and Distributing Content
- Using Content Research to Find Opportunities
- Creating and Curating Content
- Metrics and Performance
It’s not just social media marketing, it’s a big warm pleasurable social media experience for your audience. Your brand needs to ring loud and clear through all the right platforms and we’re going to show you how. Learn how to grow and engage a community around your offering. Give these people more to care about. Reach further with paid marketing and get deeper insights.
- Key Social Platforms for Digital Marketing
- Growing and Engaging an Audience
- Developing Data-Driven Audience and Campaign Insights
- Setting up a Social Media Experience for a Business
- Creating and Optimising Social Media Campaigns
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
You must be found. Which means you must make yourself found. Search Engine Optimisation is all about getting on that first Google page, staying top of the list and top of mind. Learn the tricks of the trade such as keywords, what kind of content attracts, how to create more engagement and the magical art of conversion. There is so much to ‘like’.
- SEO Fundamentals
- Keywords and SEO Content Plan
- Measuring SEO Performance
- Aligning SEO and Business Objectives
- Optimise Organic Search Ranking
Paid Search (PPC) using Google Ads
Pay-Per Click campaigns using Google Ads, bid auctions, how to squeeze every drop of value out of paid search campaigns, the tracking of successful conversions, Google Analytics and more – this is turbo-charged marketing practice with pinpoint precision.
- Fundamentals of Paid Search
- Search Campaign Management
- Paid Search Campaign Measurement
- Paid Search Campaign Creation with Google Ads
Are email lists still relevant? Oh yes. An email is post sent to your virtual home address so it’s important - but needs to be done properly to make sure that email gets opened and starts your target on a click-through journey of discovery. Also see how it can all be automated for max efficiency and let’s not forget the all-important regulatory stuff.
- Email Marketing Fundamentals
- Email Design
- Testing and Optimising an Email Campaign
- Tools and Strategy
- Creating an Effective Email campaign
- Marketing Automation
YouTube. Because we have eyes to see. Learn how to set up, manage, analyse and optimise a channel worthy of much viewing. Also release the sales power of Google Display Network and more. Visual is where it’s at. .
- Fundamentals of YoutTube and Display Advertising
- Google Display Network and Video Ad Formats
- Creating and Managing a YouTube Channel
- Creating Display and Video Campaigns
- Targeting Display and Video
Campaigns: Measurement and Optimisation.
What makes a winning website? This module gives you the skills to create a simple, well-designed, optimised WordPress site that not only looks good but also delivers for your business – goals and solutions stay lined up, nice and clear. Also, let’s get user-centric with best practice UX and go deep with data; activity tracking means insight – and insight is power.
- Web Design and Website Optimisation
- Design Principles and Website Copy
- Publishing a Basic Website
- User-centered Design and Website Optimisation
- Website Metrics and Developing Insight
Be all seeing, all knowing. This module helps you unleash the awesome capability of data. Discover what your customer wants, likes, needs and does. Go deep inside their journey so you can perfect their seamless path to purchase and beyond. This is not just great power, it is super power.
- Web Analytics Fundamentals
- Creating and Configuring a Google Analytics Account
- Monitoring Campaigns with Google Analytics Reports
- Setting Goals with Google Analytics
- Analysing and Recording Google Analytics Data
We give you capability, influence, reach, data, insight and tools, tools and more tools. But you still need solid objectives, otherwise you are drunk on power, driving a high performance sports car round and round in circles on your way to the supermarket. That’s why we tie it all together with a strategy module. Have a big and clear vision of where you really want to go, and make it actionable with budget, channel and media plans, Key Performance Indicators and more.
- Digital Strategy Fundamentals
- Setting Strategy Objectives and KPIs
- Digital Strategy Research
- Developing a Creative Strategy
- Executing a Digital Marketing Strategy
- Communicating a Digital Marketing Strategy
At the end of this course, you will understand the various channels and activities required to plan, implement and manage a comprehensive digital marketing plan for your business.
Our Certified Digital Marketing Professional online course will help you to:
- gain a clear understanding of the value of digital marketing and why it is a vital component of your overall marketing strategy
- plan, create and effectively manage search, social media, mobile and email marketing campaigns
- integrate your digital marketing plans into your overall marketing strategy
- drive new visitor traffic to your website while improving online conversion rates
- understand how digital marketing can help you grow your business, domestically and internationally
- identify various online applications and resources that can help build effective and profitable websites
- measure and analyse the visitor traffic to your website to continuously develop and improve your digital marketing efforts
Assessment and certification
The Digital Marketing Institute will issue certificates online directly to you.
The certification will be awarded on successful completion of a three-hour computer-based multi-choice exam. The exam is set and graded by the DMI and administered by Pearson Vue through their worldwide assessment centres.
You book your assessment online, through the Pearson website, to be taken at a time and place convenient to you. Guidance on how to do this will be given at the start of the course. The exam fee is included in the cost of your course.