We are aware that some students may be facing financial difficulties due to the current situation and have put together the following guidance that may be helpful during this difficult time.
If you are struggling with your living costs and paying your rent due to the Coronavirus situation you may be able to receive additional support from the University.
Last update: 7 May 2020
Work with Us Scheme
The Quintin Hogg Trust has provided funding for the University and Students’ Union to provide employment exclusively for students who have lost their employment due to Coronavirus-related reasons and have not been furloughed by their employer. Students undertaking this work will be paid £8.72 per hour plus holiday pay, with the scheme in place for three months.
For further information, please contact [email protected].
Stay on Track Scheme
The Quintin Hogg Trust has also provided funding for a financial support scheme targeted at students facing immediate difficulty paying for day to day living costs including food or medical costs due to the current Government measures.
Students can apply for a one-off £750 grant to help towards these costs. Priority will be given to eligible students who fall into the following groups:
- Students who were relying on part-time earnings to support their living costs and are no longer working, due to Coronavirus response
- Students whose employers are not applying for help to pay their salary (i.e. furloughed workers)
- Those self-isolating for 12 weeks on NHS advice or those with a confirmed diagnosis (or quarantining with symptoms and able to provide an ‘isolation note’ - visit the NHS website for information on isolation notes)
- Students with caring responsibilities within their own household
- Estranged students and care leavers with no family support, especially those continuing to live in University halls
To enquire about eligibility, please contact [email protected].
To apply for support please download and complete the application form below.
Stay Sheltered Scheme
The Quintin Hogg Trust has again generously provided funding for a financial support scheme specifically designed to help students facing difficulty paying accommodation costs due to the current Government measures.
Eligible students can apply for a grant to help pay their accommodation and residential charges up to a maximum of £1,110. If successful, the award will be paid direct to the student's accommodation provider.
To apply for support and check eligibility, please download and complete the application form below
If you have any queries, please contact [email protected]
LESS - Living Expenses Support Scheme
The Living Expenses Support Scheme is available to UG and PG home status students and is a means tested assessment with grants awarded between £100 and £3000 depending on circumstances. The assessment time is 4–6 weeks and can assist with longer term financial issues.
Read more information on all of the University’s financial support schemes.