Professional and short courses
AgilePM® – Agile Project Management™ Certification – Practitioner
|Location||Marylebone, Central London|
|Faculty||Westminster Business School|
The Agile Project Management™ (AgilePM®) certification addresses the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be Agile.
The AgilePM® Practitioner level qualification aims to demonstrate that the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile project management guidance to apply and tailor it to a given scenario. This scenario is designed to allow the candidate to demonstrate competence to begin working as an Agile project manager on a non-complex project.
The qualification is aimed at both practising project managers and Agile team members who wish to become Agile project managers.
|Courses open for booking|
|Start date||Duration||Day and time||Price||Apply|
|15 October 2016||2 days||Saturdays 9.30am–5pm||£645||Book now|
|7 November 2016||2 days||Monday and Tuesday 9.30am–5pm||£645||Book now|
|24 April 2017||2 days||Monday and Tuesday 9.30am–5pm||£645||Book now|
|12 June 2017||2 days||Monday and Tuesday 9.30am–5pm||£645||Book now|
|10 July 2017||2 days||Monday and Tuesday 9.30am–5pm||£645||Book now|
The course cost includes lectures, lecture materials, sample exam paper and the exam. A copy of the manual is not provided as routine, but will be made available to delegates who do not already have a copy.
Book the Practitioner course together with the AgilePM® Foundation course for a discounted fee of £1,295.
The Practitioner level empowers, encourages and equips you with an in-depth knowledge of not just the certification, but also how to apply and implement these principles into the life of a project manager on a daily basis.
This course runs for one day with the Agile Project Management™ Practitioner exam at the end of the day.
The course will cover:
- revision of Agile material based on the manual
- Practitioner exam preparation and the specimen exam paper practice
- Practitioner exam
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile in a project situation
- appropriately configure the lifecycle of an Agile project to a given scenario
- produce and evaluate the content of Agile products produced during an Agile project in a given scenario
- apply the following Agile techniques in a project situation: facilitated workshops, MoSCoW prioritisation, iterative development, modelling and timeboxing
- identify the Agile techniques to be used for a given situation within a scenario
- understand the roles and responsibilities within an Agile project and correctly determine the appropriate personnel to fulfil these roles within a given scenario
- understand the mechanisms for control of an Agile project that are specific to an Agile project
- understand in outline how to test, estimate and measure progress in an Agile project
- describe the Agile approach to managing requirements and identify action to rectify problems with requirements within an Agile project from a given scenario
Benefits for your organisation include:
- deliver change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continually validating project milestones against business objectives
- complements and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes, which improves rigour and visibility around project management, leading to a proven track record of successful delivery in a corporate environment
- simply adopt a tried-and-tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific Agile management process
- achieve better communication and control over projects, and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale and scope
- develop professionalism in employees and include Agile certification in employee professional development schemes
Dr Nadia Amin
Nadia is an experienced lecturer with nearly 15 years of working in higher education. Her background in information systems engineering has enabled her to deliver and develop many courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in systems development, e-business and strategic management of IS. She also worked as an IT consultant for a number of organizations. Nadia is a chartered IT professional and is an accredited Agile PM Practitioner and Trainer.
To be able to take this exam you must have already passed one of the following:
- Agile Project Management Foundation Certificate
- DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate
- DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate
The Practitioner exam has the following format:
- 'objective testing' format of scenario, question and answer booklet
- 2.5 hours' duration
- four questions
- 20 marks per question, 80 marks available
- 40 marks or more required to pass
- open-book examination (handbook only)
Project management is a contemporary career that is so generic it is applicable to any business sector. This qualification offers opportunities for a career change or internal advancement in most medium or large, UK or international, government or non-government organisations.
Including AgilePM® Practitioner in your CV will add a sought-after qualification to your profile, which could help increase your earning potential.