The University of Westminster Press was set up as an open access publisher in 2015 using the Ubiquity Press platform.
The Press’s aim is to help Westminster’s research community meet its open research agenda, to enhance the University’s research environment and provide for greater dissemination of impact, and to lay the foundation for a prestige brand associated with Westminster. Publications are peer reviewed with currently no charges for individual authors to publish articles or books.
University of Westminster Press:
- Supports a small number of Westminster based journals and is open to considering further proposals
- Encourages publication of books based on thesis work undertaken at Westminster or by Westminster staff
- Offers a route and support for Westminster policy papers
- Offers a route for publication of research-based monographs or edited collections for Westminster and external authors and editors
- Publishes in several subject clusters across Westminster faculties and encourages interdisciplinary work
- Publishes books, journals and policy briefings
- Offers an opportunity for greater circulation for research outputs
- Journals are free to user in digital form across the world
- Books are made available free digitally and affordably in print
- All publications are externally peer-reviewed and considered by the UWP editorial board
- Publications are fully funded for Westminster authors across certain strands and formats.
- Works with digital first platform provider Ubiquity Press
- Publishes University of Westminster and external authors and editors
- Publishes in areas that reflect the teaching and research strengths of the University of Westminster across all faculties