The Wireless Communications Research Group was established in 1998 to investigate new lines of research that can be transferred to industry. Our research on wireless communications is a recognised world leader in the advanced design of circuits and subsystems from RF through Microwave to Millimetre-wave frequencies for 4G, and 5G wireless communications, WLAN, WPAN, UltraWideBand (UWB), wireless sensors, Internet-of-Things (IoT), M2M and biomedical applications.
- EPSRC: A two-year EPSRC funded project, “Waveguide Filters with Improved Stopband Performance and Novel Antenna Filters for Millimeter-wave Applications”
- EPSRC: A three-year EPSRC funded project, “Novel 3D Multilayer Passive MIC and MMIC Components for Microwave and Millimetre-wave Applications”
- The Royal Society: The Royal Society Fellowship; European Science Exchange Programme (ESEP), Adaptive Error Control Schemes for Software Radio”
- European Commission: A four-year European Project; EUROWEB: European Research and Educational Collaboration with Western Balkan
- European Commission: A three-year European Project: TEMPUS: Revision of Electrical Engineering Curricula Based on New Technologies and Bologna Recommendations
- European Commission: Directorate-General for Education and Culture, Individual Mobility Grant
- Numerical electromagnetics (ie electromagnetic modelling and simulation of planar, quasi-planar, waveguide structures and graphene devices)
- Advanced design of circuits from RF through Microwave to Millimetre-wave frequencies for 3G, 4G, and 5G mobile broadband wireless communications, terrestrial and satellite communications, UltraWideBand (UWB) and WLAN systems
- Design of compact tunable and reconfigurable circuits and filtennas for multiband and multistandard wireless transceivers
- Advanced linearization concepts for mobile broadband wireless transmitters
- Graphene-based electronic devices and systems
- Wireless power transmission
- Wireless and electromagnetics in medicine
- Applications of RF/microwaves in medicine
- Radiowave, Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Propagation
- RF, Microwave and Millimetre-wave Wireless System Design
- D Budimir, "Generalized Filter Design by Computer Optimization", ISBN 0-89006-579-9, Artech House Books, March 1998.
- D Budimir, "EPFIL-Waveguide E-plane Filter Design", Software and User Manual, ISBN 1-58053-083-4, Artech House Books, October 1999.
- D Budimir, “Waveguide Components”, in the book “Encyclopaedia of RF and Microwave Engineering", Edited by Kai Chang, Volume 6, ISBN: 0-471-27053-9, Wiley, February 2005.
Find out more about our academic staff and details of our research outputs.
Wireless Communications Research Group, 115 New Cavendish Street, London W1W 6UW