History Research Group
History research at the University of Westminster has been rated as internationally excellent and global in reach. Our research environment is comprised of established academics and early career historians whose research embraces British and European history, urban history and London, and international political history.
Key research areas include:
- France and the Holocaust
- the politics of opposition in the Middle East
- twentieth-century British politics
- the Troubles in Northern Ireland
- Britain and Germany since the Second World War
- sex trafficking in Britain
- Women and professional work
- European integration
- the history of taxation
- British defence policy since 1945
- the history of London since the Blitz
Our research informs many of our undergraduate modules and the growing number of doctoral students is testament to the increasing dynamism of our research culture.