You'll get your University ID card when you've enrolled and it'll remain valid until you complete your studies.
You'll need to use your card to swipe into any timetabled classes on site. More information about attendance monitoring, why it's important and how you can check your attendance record is on our Student Engagement and Attendance page.
Make sure that you always carry your card with you around the University and do not let anyone else use your card.
You'll also need your ID card to:
- access University buildings
- borrow library books
- use the University's printing and photocopying facilities
- vote in elections for the University's Students' Union
- join the University's sports and recreation facilities
Lost ID cards
If you lose the card, log a ticket with the IT Service Desk so we can switch off its access functions and stop any misuse of your printing credits. You can always find the link for the IT Service Desk in the Student Hub.
Your student ID card is as personal as a credit card. It has your student ID number printed on it, so keep it safe from others.
Replacement ID cards cost £10.
- pay the fee online via the store
- your card will be issued in 10 working days and we will either ask you to collect it at one of our collection centres or post it to your term time address
Stolen ID cards
If your ID card has been stolen and you can provide a crime reference number issued by the police, a new card will be issued free of charge.
Problems with your ID card
If you're having any problems with your ID card, just speak to your registry office.